What's new

Rings

Do you wear a ring or rings (not including wedding rings for married guys)? I have a very nice pinky ring that belonged to my Grandfather, that I received when my Dad died. I rarely wear it because it's worth a decent amount and because of its sentimentality.

Back in my younger years I wore a few silver rings, just to be a bit different, while in my rock star phase LOL.

Fingers are bare and have been for a while.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Gold college fraternity (ΦΔΘ) ring on the ring finger of my right hand, and a lapis ring on the ring finger of my left. Both are yellow gold.

Here's mine.

IMG_0482.JPG

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
When I was younger I had a few gold rings. Thought I was cool. Didn’t mean anything. I sold them a long time ago, along with the gold chains and gold bracelets.

No rings now at all. Only rings I would ever consider wearing would have to mean something.

I used to have my dads biker ring and step dads biker ring back in high school. Lost them though. Really makes me sad. I have been wearing a fake emerald ring my gf bought for me. Been wanting something custom and handmade when i meet someone who’s into the trade

The last ring I wore was my high school class ring. I stopped wearing that in college that was decades ago. I have always worked with my handles and did not want to get a ring or any other jewelry caught on something.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
No rings here. I used to wear a ring that LOTH gave me years ago, but I cut my left ring finger years ago and the ring just doesn’t sit on it right anymore. It is quite uncomfortable to wear. Could wear it on my right hand I suppose.

I own a few rings, but don't wear them because of work. There's too much of a chance that they'll snag on machinery and tear off a finger.

I also inherited several from my Dad, but can't wear any of them because his fingers were thick as bratwursts.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You could always have them resized to your size fingers if they were really sentimental to you @Demolition . My father has a ring that I quite like. He never wears it but it only fits on my thumb with still some to spare. I am thinking that when the time comes I might to this with his ring so that I can wear it.

I were my engagement ring, when I proposed it was a spur of the moment thing and I pulled a split ring off my keys. I asked she said yes and she did the same we later got proper rings but we both still keep our split rings on.

You could always have them resized to your size fingers if they were really sentimental to you @Demolition . My father has a ring that I quite like. He never wears it but it only fits on my thumb with still some to spare. I am thinking that when the time comes I might to this with his ring so that I can wear it.
Unfortunately, the ones that I like are all inlaid (paved?) all around their circumference with stone (turquoise, agate, etc.). I took one to a jeweller who said that resizing it would be impossible without breaking up the stones and re-fitting them.

But, that's okay since I don't wear rings, anyway. Owning his old rings is enough for me.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Yes, I get the owning bit. I have several of my fathers watches. They don’t work and a watchmaker won’t fix them as they are not worth it but I have them all the same.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Currently, only my wedding ring. But, if I found one that "inspires" me I would definitely consider buying it and wearing it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I scratch'em up handling concrete, etc.

Also, I hate the "click" when I pick up a pistol. Affects your grip, too.

AA

I always wear a yellow gold signet ring my parents bought me for my 18th birthday, quite a few years ago now. On the very rare occasions I forget to put it on, the finger on which it usually resides just doesn't feel right.
Signet rings of a similar type are quite common here in the UK, but maybe not over the pond.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I work around electricity and, occasionally hydraulic fluid. I was constant removing my wedding ring (I can’t stand even water between a ring or watch and my skin). I decided to use a tattoo as my ring.

Sometimes I wear a titanium comfort-fit ring. No reason.
I have quite a few spy rings because <insert badass story here> I think they're interesting.

I wear a family crest ring on my right middle finger. I’m having another made as the one I’ve been wearing for 20 years was recently stolen.

Top Bottom