What's new

Rings and things

None. No watch, no chains, no rings. 40 years of marriage and the only time I wore my wedding ring was at the ceremony. I don't know why but I have never been able to stand the feeling of any sort of jewelry wrapped around my finger, wrist or neck. It drives me nuts.

So guys, what sort of jewelery do you personally wear?

Rings? Necklaces? Bracelets? Lot or a little? All the time or sometimes?

I personally keep it simple. My Grandfathers ring (and his fathers before that) on my right ring finger with two small accent diamonds and a mystic topaz replacing the main diamond that now sits in my fiancees engagement ring. In a year there will be a wedding band on the other hand. Beyond that I don't do much jewelery, and only really wear it when I dress nicely, not everyday.

So gents, do you keep it simple or deck out in the bling?
when I go out-
Wedding band-to remind me of marriage
college ring -to remind me of hard work being rewarded
watch-to remind me of time
Celtic cross-to remind me of both my heritage and my hope of future life eternal and the COST of it

most of the time it is simply the cross

current wearing the following;
1. Left ring finger - simple gold Claddagh which is my wedding band (wife's Irish)
2.Right ring finger - Masonic Ring (Blue lodge, Scottish Rite, and Shrine) passed down from my father.
3. Left wrist- typically my Rolex Datejust (award watch for a project completion in 1984)
4. Neck - St. Christopher and chain (purchased in the Vatican gift shop on the roof of St. Peter's in 1970).
5. During the work week I will have cuff links in my shirt and typically a straight gold tie bar.

Top Bottom