What's new

RIDDLE ME THIS....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you suppose B&B does not have a Firearms Listing forum (for sale) from FFL to FFL, or however It's set up between seller and buyer. I belong to numerous sites where one can purchase a firearm from another member. It's up to the purchaser to follow any and or all applicable local laws. Enter an FFL. After all it is 2018 and this is a firearms forum. Just curious, what say you...? Thanks

Best Regards
Ron

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Why do you suppose B&B does not have a Firearms Listing forum (for sale) from FFL to FFL, or however It's set up between seller and buyer. I belong to numerous sites where one can purchase a firearm from another member. It's up to the purchaser to follow any and or all applicable local laws. Enter an FFL. After all it is 2018 and this is a firearms forum. Just curious, what say you...? Thanks

Best Regards
Ron

+1, it's a shaving forum with a bunch of other interests ... everything from coffee to clothing.

My guess, not enough traffic for such. Or legal stuff. You could suggest it to a mod, if you like.

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Badger & Blade. No firearms mentioned there.

Lots of other sites out there where firearms can be listed or solicited for sales.

We have a slightly more involved process here in Illinois. I agree that there are other sites where one can buy and sell firearms so I never thought that this sub-forum needed such.

I'm guessing the owner(s) of the site is not interested in any potential liability that such a sub-forum might cause? Even if it's a million to one chance, some people are risk averse.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
We created this sub-forum for a place to enjoy talking firearms without having to worry about the political nonsense. At this time B&B wants to keep things as they are. Thanks for the suggestion Ron, hell the answer is always no if you don't ask. :smile:

We have a slightly more involved process here in Illinois. I agree that there are other sites where one can buy and sell firearms so I never thought that this sub-forum needed such.
I live in the communist state of Illinois. I put a gun in the cart, pay for it and call Ray my FFL. When the gun is in his possession he calls me and says pick it up Ron. Fill out
We created this sub-forum for a place to enjoy talking firearms without having to worry about the political nonsense. At this time B&B wants to keep things as they are. Thanks for the suggestion Ron, hell the answer is always no if you don't ask. :smile:

Hey, I had to give a shot right..? No pun intended...Thanks

Yeah. Person to person here is pretty painless, but when purchasing from out of state an FFL is required. I used to have a friend who was an FFL, but he has since left the business.

This is from the Terms of Use for B&B: "9a. This website is based in and governed by the laws of California."

Need I say anything more?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I live in the communist state of Illinois. I put a gun in the cart, pay for it and call Ray my FFL. When the gun is in his possession he calls me and says pick it up Ron. Fill out

Lol'd. :)

Yeah. Person to person here is pretty painless, but when purchasing from out of state an FFL is required. I used to have a friend who was an FFL, but he has since left the business.

Feds put alot of fees and restrictions on those guys. Hard to be profitable unless you are doing high volume. I see alot of mom & pops open up and shut down as often as small car sales lots.

I live in the communist state of Illinois. I put a gun in the cart, pay for it and call Ray my FFL. When the gun is in his possession he calls me and says pick it up Ron. Fill out 4473 show foid and call it a day...For some reason half my post didn't post....Thus finished post...Thanks

Lol'd. :)

Feds put alot of fees and restrictions on those guys. Hard to be profitable unless you are doing high volume. I see alot of mom & pops open up and shut down as often as small car sales lots.

Same around here. Years ago we had several small FFL's that could handle a transfer or order a gun for you. I think almost all of them are now gone. We have a few volume FFL's but they don't always do their job right. For instance, they receive clearance to release a gun to the purchaser and might not call for a day or so (things slip through the cracks).

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Gentlemen, this is straight from the SS&F stickied thread INFO! - Urgent read for y'all .

"The Shooting Sports and Firearms Forum is NOT a place to initiate the trade, sale or gifting of any firearms or firearms related accessories. Members involved in this behavior either through post or PM will be removed from B&B."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom