What's new

Rick Harrison razor sighting at Wally World!

Look what has finally arrived at Wal-Mart just in time for the Holidays.

Comes with 12 blades and a nice little stand. Alas I did not see a price. Please excuse the blurry pic I was in a hurry and had an impatient child with me. :)

$Rick Harrisson.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.

Over the years, I've lost count of the "What if DE razors were available at regular stores again?" threads here.

They were generally met with derision, and I freely confess to being one of the scoffers.

DE razors at WallyWorld. Is the Shavepocalypse nigh?

I searched walmart.com and asseenontv.com and it didn't show up on either site.

This may be a marketing experiment by Walmart, available at only a few select locations.

Is this a good thing for wet-shavers? I think it is.

We are experiencing a renaissance perhaps. But with that prices may increase unfortunately.
Or you see an increase in "crappy" shaving supplies, like inferior soap and brushes that fall apart entirely too easy. I would assume that you would get a few converts that would get into the finer points in shaving.

I saw the display at my local Walmart today with a big picture of Rick's smiling face. They were priced at $19.99
cottontop

Not a bad deal considering I'd pay that much for the stand alone. The Weishi isn't a bad little razor either, other than the fact that it is mild to a fault to some, really the only bad thing in that package is the blades, and if anything turns people off it will be those. They could've packed Derby blades into them for almost as cheap and have better results.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
in the shaving aisle?

I might head to walmart just to see if it's there tomorrow. but buy one?....nah.

I think it's great to have a new DE razor finally available. If it sells well that will mean more DE razors will be available at other stores. We might finally see the day where large retailers carry wet shaving supplies we actually want to buy!

in the shaving aisle?
Also look for it in the "Seen on TV" section. These products are in a separate area, often displayed on end-caps. Ask an associate if they've seen it, because it could be anywhere in the hardlines section.

I might head to walmart just to see if it's there tomorrow. but buy one?....nah.
Oh, go on. Pick up a dozen of them. It will make a perfect stocking stuffer and something you can pass around at the office Xmas party. If nothing else, PIF 'em to our troops downrange. They won't go to waste.

I think it's great to have a new DE razor finally available. If it sells well that will mean more DE razors will be available at other stores. We might finally see the day where large retailers carry wet shaving supplies we actually want to buy!
+1 ... there was a time not that long ago when Proraso and Tabac were available at Target. Now, wet-shave supplies in B&M stores are limited to overpriced AoS kiosks or cheap VdH brushes and soap and mediocre DE house-brand blades at outrageous prices. We need more middle price-point selections available that will appeal to a broader audience.

I hope the razors are decent quality or it might turn people off of our hobby...the one good thing that I'm glad that they did is include instructions inside the box on how to use a classic safety razor since it's definitely not like using a cartridge razor. I know Mantic did a review but the average consumer will speak...

Perhaps if this really takes off Gillette might be persuaded to re-introduce some of the classics like Lionel did a number of years ago. I may start a list of the razors I would like to see reproduced starting with the Aristocrat. Oh, the list would be long.

That Rick Harrison ad on late night TV was the reason I decided to try DE shaving a month ago. I am glad I threw away the multi-blade and canned gel, this DE shaving is much more fun. I decided to switch to eventually save money but, the wife doesn't think I'm saving any money (initial expense, so far, is around $200). I really appreciate the ad but, wouldn't buy it! What the ad did was get me interested then I found B&B and lurked awhile to find out what I should invest in. Glad I saw the advertisement!

Marv

Perhaps if this really takes off Gillette might be persuaded to re-introduce some of the classics like Lionel did a number of years ago. I may start a list of the razors I would like to see reproduced starting with the Aristocrat. Oh, the list would be long.

Which Aristocrat?

I actually saw the commercial on TV. I was walking through the room when it came on and it made me stop. They totally lost me when they said the 12 blades were a "one year supply of shaves". There is no DE blade that will last a month of daily shaves.

Well I'm also here because of Rick Harrison, I used DE's 30-40 years ago. Saw his add and thought about my Braun electric and the plugging multi blades I'd been using when ever I decided to shave(once a month or so). Remembered my safety's never plugged or at least you could clean them if they did, so started researching. Now, 4 weeks later I own a Mergress, EJ Silvertip, Trumpers and AoS tubs of Soap, Scuttle on the way and a Pils 101NL and Pils stand will be shipping from Germany next week. Best of all, I didn't buy his razor, thinking it was probably some Chino stuff, lol.

Guess what, started shaving every other day and enjoying it, wife loves the new stinky stuff too. Great site here, learned a lot and saved a lot by not going through the buying progression. You gun owners will know what I mean, as many of you will have a drawer full of holsters and junk you bought till you found your right stuff.

Color me intrigued, I wonder who actually makes the razor.

As noted by SantoSubito, it looks suspiciously like a Weishi.

I use one as my travel razor. Is it as refined as my day-to-day Slim? No. Does it work properly? Yes.

If I were somehow sentenced to use only my Weishi the rest of my life I would be OK. In fact, I'll use it this morning in honor of WallyWorld.

Last edited:
Apparently it comes with Dorco blades. Seems like they tried to cut costs as much as possible. Dorcos have not been agreeable with me.

Top Bottom