What's new

Rick Harrison razor sighting at Wally World!

in the shaving aisle?

I might head to walmart just to see if it's there tomorrow. but buy one?....nah.

I think it's great to have a new DE razor finally available. If it sells well that will mean more DE razors will be available at other stores. We might finally see the day where large retailers carry wet shaving supplies we actually want to buy!

Oh, it will sell well. Just get a celebrity or a well known reality tv star to get behind a product and it will sell. It seems like everybody likes Rick Harrison. Just look at all of the Duck Commander junk that is selling so hot right now.
cottontop

Last edited:
I hope they have it here, up North! I've been looking for a cheap DE for my six year old (no blades of course!) He loves to shave with me, and right now he uses a butter knife, but I think he would almost die if he could use the real thing just like Dad! I was going to use this as an excuse to buy myself a nice new or vintage razor... but at that price point, if its readily available I might just have to pick one up!

Apparently it comes with Dorco blades. Seems like they tried to cut costs as much as possible. Dorcos have not been agreeable with me.

YMMV. Dorco are one of my go to blades with the DE. Now we need to get a celebrity using a straight razor.

Interesting, im very curious to see how this does! Having grown up in the Mach 3 era i stumbled onto traditional wet shaving somewhat by chance so it will be interesting to see if a product like this will increase awareness.

prior to the de switch i used dorco cartridge razors (i read somewhere that they are the razors dollar shave club used and they were cheaper when purchased directly) and for the price they were pretty good.

You can get 30 shaves out of good blades. It won't be the super luxurious/easy shave you get for the first few, but as long as you're well prepped it'll get you a comfortable SAS or even DFS for 30 days, easy. Trust me..try it - I have (just for grins), with a feather, for 30 3 pass shaves. At the end, it was noticeably more dull, and took more touch ups, but wasn't pulling or anything. I use a very shallow blade angle, so this probably helps the longevity some.

As cheap as blades are, this is of course, pointless. I'd rather just use it for 10-12 great shaves. But for the really super cost conscious, it can definitely work.

I actually saw the commercial on TV. I was walking through the room when it came on and it made me stop. They totally lost me when they said the 12 blades were a "one year supply of shaves". There is no DE blade that will last a month of daily shaves.

Last edited:

Check out some of these interesting 'drugstore' offerings available in the world market. These are dirt cheap.

Treet Platinum aka 'The Del-Rin' rebranded as a Wilkinson Sword in some markets

Product Description

A sturdy and practical two-piece safety razor made of heavy resin.

Perfect for the new wet-shaver or the shaver on a budget. Don't let the resin composition fool you, this razor has some heft and is a fine shaving tool.

Manufactured in Pakistan by the TREET Corporation, one of the world's most advanced makers of fine shaving products.

Comes in a blister pack, complete with two TREET Platinum blades.

Available only in tres-chic and ever fashionable black finish.

Made in Pakistan

Super-Max KWIK Safety Razor

Product Description

A very good budget razor, made of lightweight, yet strong plastic. Excellent for use as a travel razor or a starter razor for the new wet-shaver.

Easy to operate two piece design.

The top plate covers the narrow sides of the blade, preventing nicks for inexperienced users.

The KWIK's medium blade exposure will provide a very close shave.

Supplied with two Super-Max Super Stainless Blades.

TREET Starline TTO + FREE 5pk of Treet Platinum Blades

Product Description

Precision made, high quality twist-to-open safety razor.

This razor has a non-slip textured plastic handle and a smooth action twist-to-open mechanism.

The razor head is made entirely of chrome plated metal.

Smooth and effective, this razor balances very well. Very good symmetry of blade exposure.

Great value for money.

A free pack of five Treet Platinum blades is included.

Made in Pakistan

Mundial Classic

Product Description

Classic vintage design. Lovely knurled handle for sure grip.

3 piece with finger adjustable guard bar.

Weighty and well balanced and good quality for the price.

Very popular in South America.

Made in China.

Product Description

The FEATHERPopular double edge safety razor with hard plastic case & includes a 2 pack of Feather Hi Stainless blades.

This very affordable & high quality razor will provide you with years of great shaves.

Made with modern polymers, quality stainless steel and chrome plated brass.

Made in Japan.

Comparing the fine details, the solid brass and especially the chrome finish. Weishi.

I will say that Weishi's seem to sell on line for 17 plus shipping so 19.99 in hand is not a bad deal. And if you were to buy a razor stand in the store it would be 20 by itself, and a pack of junk kroger de blades cost 3 bucks... Also after the holidays I would expect a sale :)

Also look for it in the "Seen on TV" section. These products are in a separate area, often displayed on end-caps. Ask an associate if they've seen it, because it could be anywhere in the hardlines section..

This. They were not in the shaving section. Although that is where I spotted the box. Someone must have had a change in heart about buying it and placed it there.

And LOL at advertising 12 Dorco blades lasting a year. Maybe when I was 12.

Mantic got one and did a review on his blog. Pretty much agrees that it's a Weishi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually saw the commercial on TV. I was walking through the room when it came on and it made me stop. They totally lost me when they said the 12 blades were a "one year supply of shaves". There is no DE blade that will last a month of daily shaves.

My brother-in-law used to go 30 days on a single Derby blade, shaving nearly every day. Then again, he's an MP so he's tougher than hell and can withstand the pain.

I think it's cool! The market is coming around. An all brass chrome plated TTO razor in your local store? Did you ever think it would happen??? Pretty excited, but then I've been using a Jungie razor this week. Now we need better soaps and creams on the shelves...

Last edited:
Mantic got one and did a review on his blog. Pretty much agrees that it's a Weishi.

Weishi has OEM arrangements with several manufacturers and retailers. They will supply either complete razors or even razor parts if you want. I've had several lengthy exchanges with a factory rep named Jason He (who speaks quite decent English BTW) and they will supply a 9306-H with your custom logo laser etched at a competitive price.

Their focus is on manufacturing, not really marketing.

The body is solid brass with chrome plate. Based on the old expired Gillette patents.

Manufacturing execution is a solid B+ grade. It is NOT a Gillette. But in quantities of a few hundred bulk packed (not blister packed) you can get them not customized for a couple of bucks.

As I said earlier, I use one as my travel kit razor. I figure I can afford to loose it without crying. I'd be really ticked off if some baggage handler stole a nice Gillette Slim.

It's a pretty mild razor, which isn't bad for a beginner. That's where most of these will go to I'm certain.

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV. Dorco are one of my go to blades with the DE. Now we need to get a celebrity using a straight razor.

Which Dorco do you use? I wonder if the differing opinions of Dorco are due to some using the red pack and some the blue. I found the Dorco 301 (red pack) unusable, while the Dorco 300 (blue pack) was quite decent.

You can get 30 shaves out of good blades. It won't be the super luxurious/easy shave you get for the first few, but as long as you're well prepped it'll get you a comfortable SAS or even DFS for 30 days, easy. Trust me..try it - I have (just for grins), with a feather, for 30 3 pass shaves. At the end, it was noticeably more dull, and took more touch ups, but wasn't pulling or anything. I use a very shallow blade angle, so this probably helps the longevity some.

As cheap as blades are, this is of course, pointless. I'd rather just use it for 10-12 great shaves. But for the really super cost conscious, it can definitely work.

That's incredible. I have a very coarse beard and use Feather's. Five 3 pass shaves is pushing the envelope and the blades start dragging. Even though they are more expensive than most they are still super cheap compared to cart's.

I secretly wish that DE shaving would stay more of a niche hobby. In the year and a half I've been into this the prices of razors on EBay have continuously gone up. I got into this hobby to use razors like my grandpa used. I've never bought a new one and probably never will. That's just he though. Maybe new products will come out of the growing interest in our hobby, but it'll also be harder to collect the older razors.

Top Bottom