What's new

RFB with fang tab cap

R

romsitsa

Hello,

could you post a pic please of a fang tab RFB with blade loaded? I suspect this feature was added to protect from cuts caused by the corners of the blade. At least Gillette filed patents for quite similar solutions over the years.

Thanks

Adam

PM me your address ... I’ll be glad to get your mail for you.:001_tt2:

Haha. Too late. It is here, fast delivery from the UK - uncleaned pics - it looks to be in fine condition. Will post pic of it with loaded blade later.

A6C80995-D058-4773-B6F6-893D28172A74.jpeg
ADCAA12E-6F45-42BD-BD20-16AA8B3C65F2.jpeg

R

romsitsa

Thank you, looks minty. Also my theory with the fangs looks promising...

Adam

May I ask where you found that beauty?

On the UK bay. Was actually looking for a later Milady (TTO). It’s not 100%, plating has some wear on the top plate.

Here’s pics (poor) but hope they help. It really looks like a perfect snug fit for the blade. And indeed, it is very hard to cut yourself, the corners protect almost perfectly. Shave’s up for tomorrow :)

AFC44B5F-148B-4C83-A743-9498576D9F75.jpeg
0533522E-4C37-4FE4-8DD4-1A911A414EE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice razor, congratulations.

Thanks for sharing. One more in a long list of things I never knew existed

Thanks, guys. I got this most for curiosity and because of the RFB baseplate.

Shaved with it this morning - the RFB’s are just fantastic smooth shavers and this one shaves exactly the same. Had a perfect close and smooth shave. The short handle though is not my cup of tea. I actually prefer short handles (around 8 centimeters) but this is too short and makes the razor too top heavy. But very fun to try, next time just with a longer handle attached :)

R

romsitsa

While looking for the patents, are those fanged caps exclusive for the Milady? I recall a three piece ball end RFB, but that could be a missmatch. Did anyone see a fanged cap for a two piece RFB (long thread)?

Adam

While looking for the patents, are those fanged caps exclusive for the Milady? I recall a three piece ball end RFB, but that could be a missmatch. Did anyone see a fanged cap for a two piece RFB (long thread)?

Adam

I never saw these fangs before on any of my models from the same period.

Top Bottom