What's new

Rex Supply Co Ambassador

Hello all!!!
I've come to ask those wiser than me their opinions on this razor.
I know there are reviews of it.
I'm asking more of a personal question. Anyone have buyer's remorse? Anything else out there that's all stainless and adjustable like this? I love that it's entirely made in the USA. I love the look of the walnut case. Matthew PisarcIk Video says that's coded as well and lifetime warranty.
Opinions, likes, dislikes?
This will be my largest purchase for a single (with case) piece of shaving kit I've ever made.
Thanks to all!!

My first impressions from my research is that Matthew has been working for so long with vintage Gillette stuff with razor emporium so he must have put all that knowledge into the design of this razor.
(I just found out he owns both companies-go Matthew!!)

It gets a few negative reviews, but the vast majority is positive. The initial runs had some flaws, but as far as I know they all have been fixed and most buyers were well taken care of by the company

I own one, which I purchased back in late 2018 more because I really like the looks of a vintage Gillette Fatboy, but I am a big fan of modern/brand new over vintage/used stuff. After using it for several times, there is zero regret. It is a great shaver, and one that is very easy to resell at a small loss if I wanted to

By the way, I have used it this morning and it gave me another great, effortless shave. What I like the most about the Rex (in addition to its great looks and design) is that it is a hell of an efficient shaver. I can get away with a one-pass daily shave at the lowest setting, without any irritation and still be presentable.

I have yet to use it on my face after setting 3. So far it was not needed, but I am going to give it a try.

My tip: don't go all in. Get the razor first, and leave the walnut case for later in case you really like the Ambassador

It gets a few negative reviews, but the vast majority is positive. I own one, which I purchased back in late 2018 more because I really like the looks of a vintage Gillette Fatboy, but I am a big fan of modern/brand new over vintage/used stuff. After using it for several times, there is zero regret. It is a great shaver, and one that is very easy to resell at a small loss if I wanted to

By the way, I have used it this morning and it gave me another great, effortless shave. What I like the most about the Rex (in addition to its great looks and design) is that it is a hell of an efficient shaver. I can get away with a one-pass daily shave at the lowest setting, without any irritation and still be presentable.

I have yet to use it on my face after setting 3. So far it was not needed, but I am going to give it a try.

My tip: don't go all in. Get the razor first, and leave the walnut case for later in case you really like the Ambassador
Thanks!!
Do you have the case?

(At that price) it would have been nice if they'd checked their spellings before printing the box. :001_rolle
RexAmbassador.jpg

My apologies for nit-picking. I can't help it.

It is a Very nice razor that will give you a great shave...My issue with it has to do with my Large nose...It leaves a little stubble under my nose as do 5 other razors I own...That is the only negative thing I can say...The buy..sell ...trade section has a Rex for sale in it.

I bought one a few years ago and have not regretted it even paying $250 for it. It is a high quality razor very well made. I notice that every time I pick it up. Is has become my daily razor!

As others have said, it’s fantastic. It’s my favorite of all the razors I’ve tried. The handling is near perfection, and the shave is spot on. For me, I only use it 2.5 and below—above that I found it disagreeable. But the beauty of it being adjustable: you can pick the setting that’s perfect for you.

(At that price) it would have been nice if they'd checked their spellings before printing the box. :001_rolle
View attachment 1160719

My apologies for nit-picking. I can't help it.
A Rex is in my future but I enjoy my RazoRock GC .84 so much that I've postponed my purchase.
If you have any doubts on the Rex you can't beat the price of the GC's. Look em up on Italian Barber
Only one not out of stock for a while is the jaws.

A solidly built razor that I really wanted to love, but it just didn’t agree with me. It is the only DE I’ve ever owned that gave me razor burn, even on the low settings.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I had one of the early ones, no issues with it & it shaved well. I'm partial to my Fatboys though (made in the USA and my first razor, I think) and recently sold the Rex away, they (Rex's) seem to pop up for sale frequently and don't command the prices that say a used Wolfman would fetch. Best buy used after depreciation if you are considering one

I had one of the early ones, no issues with it & it shaved well. I'm partial to my Fatboys though (made in the USA and my first razor, I think) and recently sold the Rex away, they (Rex's) seem to pop up for sale frequently and don't command the prices that say a used Wolfman would fetch. Best buy used after depreciation if you are considering one
Is the lifetime warranty transferrable?

Top Bottom