What's new

Rex Supply Co Ambassador

For my Easter shave, I used setting 5 for the first pass then 3.5 for all remaining passes. The alum block told me it was a closer shave but no hot spots or irritation. Very smooth shave. On 5 there was a bit of blade feel but it did not feel uncomfortable. Great razor thus far. After a week of use it feels like 4 to 4.5 will be used for first pass and 3.5 to 4 for remaining passes and buffing but time will tell.
Have you put a feather in it yet

- Fayiz D.

The first blade I used was an Astra SP. After 3 shaves I switched to a Gillette Platinum. I have many other blades to try. I stopped using Feathers a couple years ago. I could only get 3 good shaves. I found Nacets are plenty sharp and I can get 6 shaves. I may get a tuc of Feathers the next time I place an order to see how they work in the Rex.

Another excellent head shave.
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

It was time to change shave soap so yesterday I broke out the Blades Grim my youngest daughter got for me. Friday it will be time to switch blades. Next up is an Israeli Personna. The Rex has been treating me very well.

The Rex seems to like the Israeli Red. Felt nostalgic today so I pulled out some Barbasol then fished off with some Brut aftershave. It was like being 19 again, eccept for the grey hair in the sink. Great 2 pass shave. First pass at 4 and the second on 3.5.

Last edited:
After 3 days with the Israeli Red, I had a bit of irritation at the corners of my mouth. I had been doing the first pass on 4 and remaining passes at 3.5. So, I skipped a day to give my mug a break. The next shave I started at 2.5 with the xtg and atg passes at 2. It was very smooth. The alum told me I did not do any damage. Cheeks were bbs. Neck and jawline a solid dfs. Next blade up will likely be a Nacet. Still loving the Rex after 3 weeks. It is a joy to use and the build quality is excellent.

Rex ambassador was paired with a new permasharp. The first time I used a permasharp a few months ago I hated it. I revisited it today and started at setting 4 for the first stroke and it was ok but when I went up to setting 6 it was butter smooth. Setting 6 paired with the permasharp seems to be my sweet spot for that blade. It was smooth sailing.

Setting 6 for wtg and xtg then setting 3 for atg which was very smooth! Very close bbs and comfortable at that [emoji4]
proxy.php
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

After 4 weeks with the Rex all I can say is this is one great razor. I used a Nacet this past week. Close clean shaves and very comfortable. I can't find a single thing to complain about, just a great razor.

Last week I decided to take a chance. I used a Derby Extra in the Rex. I received the Derbys with a razor I bought a year or two ago and never tried them. I never tried them because my previous Derby experience was with the green Derby. I could never finish a shave with a green Derby. The Derby Extra was smooth and provided a close shave but I had weepers with every shave, unusual for me. This week I'm using Silver Blues and so far they have been excellent. The Rex does not seem to picky about blades. I just dial in what works best with the blade. Next week? Maybe a Lord or Crown.

Last week was spent using a Shark Super Stainless. I have found these blades to tug a lot in other razors so I tried turning the Rex down to 2 then 1.5. Running at 1.5 I was able to get a decent dfs that was tolerable but I won't repeat this experiment. This week I loaded up a King C Gillette. I tested some different settings and this morning had an excellent BBS at 1.5. I was surprised the KCG worked so well with such little gap. After 2 months the Rex continues to surprise me.

Yesterday was shave #9 on a Tiger Supermax Super Platinum. 9 was one too many on that blade but the first 8 were the best I have had with the Rex thus far. It's a shame these blades are no longer made. Today I loaded a fresh Feather. Fantastic shave with the Feather. WTG at 2.5. I dialed back to 1.5 for XTG and ATG. After 3 months and numerous blades, I have to say the Rex Ambassador is the best razor I have. The shaves are consistent and predictable. If I over shave one day, I simply dial it down for a milder shave the following day. I still have not found the Rex to be aggressive and I don't notice any substantial blade feel. It's like this razor was custom made just for me.

Top Bottom