What's new

Rex Supply Ambassador...

My experience with both non-revised and revised models (as detailed by Matt’s post) have been quite a contrast. I certainly understand and agree with glide issues amongst other things, however the changes implemented addressed every issue I had. The shave on the Rex, is for me, better than many of my other razors including the timeless 68. To deliver the same level of efficiency, it is a smoother shave (around 2.5). There is no empty talk from Matt that I have seen or experienced, when there is an issue, he fixes it.

I don’t think many would regret giving this razor a go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would appreciate it if few people can answer this question for me. I owned an earlier version of the Rex and found it an excellent razor but it wasn't as smooth and dragged a little on my face so I ended up selling it. Anybody who had experience with the newer version as well as the earlier versions does the newer version shave better is it smoother and does a Glide better. Thank you all for your help in this

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I would appreciate it if few people can answer this question for me. I owned an earlier version of the Rex and found it an excellent razor but it wasn't as smooth and dragged a little on my face so I ended up selling it. Anybody who had experience with the newer version as well as the earlier versions does the newer version shave better is it smoother and does a Glide better. Thank you all for your help in this

I can't comment on the newer N1 or N2 version but as I posted I shaved with the earlier version in a Shave off with a vintage Gibbs #16. I have a lot of member friends who I talk to on the phone on a regular basis and my buddy Mark aka @Shavemd had a first Gen with a lot of issues that have been talked about in relation to the Rex. Matt sent him a new one as a replacement and according to him he said the finish on it is less polished than the first one but all of the issues he had with the first Rex were fixed and working as it should. I asked as I was curious having shaved with his first Gen Rex. He had all positive things to say about it except for two statements that for me kept me from jumping on the group buy. One was the finish as he said it's more grey and dull than in the photos and glide was not what he'd like and wished it was high polished. He mentioned it was not Claymore or Timeless Ti grey but more like a Rockwell 6S grey which I'm not a fan of and also that it was still not as efficient or as smooth a shaver as my Gibbs adjustable razors are so having that area covered I'm passing but it seems like the issues have all been fixed but glide has dropped a bit. Hope that answers your question and you may want to PM Mark. He's a great guy and always willing to help members on here if he can.
:thumbup1:

I can't comment on the newer N1 or N2 version but as I posted I shaved with the earlier version in a Shave off with a vintage Gibbs #16. I have a lot of member friends who I talk to on the phone on a regular basis and my buddy Mark aka @Shavemd had a first Gen with a lot of issues that have been talked about in relation to the Rex. Matt sent him a new one as a replacement and according to him he said the finish on it is less polished than the first one but all of the issues he had with the first Rex were fixed and working as it should. I asked as I was curious having shaved with his first Gen Rex. He had all positive things to say about it except for two statements that for me kept me from jumping on the group buy. One was the finish as he said it's more grey and dull than in the photos and glide was not what he'd like and wished it was high polished. He mentioned it was not Claymore or Timeless Ti grey but more like a Rockwell 6S grey which I'm not a fan of and also that it was still not as efficient or as smooth a shaver as my Gibbs adjustable razors are so having that area covered I'm passing but it seems like the issues have all been fixed but glide has dropped a bit. Hope that answers your question and you may want to PM Mark. He's a great guy and always willing to help members on here if he can.
[emoji106]1:
Thank you for your feedback, that's why I'm hesitant to get this as I said it's a beautiful excellent razor but it didn't Glide and wasn't as smooth as my Timeless or paradigm

Thank you for your feedback, that's why I'm hesitant to get this as I said it's a beautiful excellent razor but it didn't Glide and wasn't as smooth as my Timeless or paradigm

As far as glide and I mean no disrespect to the Rex but it's just not in the same league as far as glide to the Timeless and not even close to the Paradigm. This is true of many satin finished razors and there is scientific proof of this and it's in a thread somewhere where Chris from Razorplate.com explains it really well. Years ago I had this theory based on my experience with high polished razors as opposed to non polished razors and it was good to find out I wasn't loosing my mind or the only one that thought that to be true. Some satin razors have better glide than others but I can always feel the drag which I'm not a fan of.

As far as glide and I mean no disrespect to the Rex but it's just not in the same league as far as glide to the Timeless and not even close to the Paradigm. This is true of many satin finished razors and there is scientific proof of this and it's in a thread somewhere where Chris from Razorplate.com explains it really well. Years ago I had this theory based on my experience with high polished razors as opposed to non polished razors and it was good to find out I wasn't loosing my mind or the only one that thought that to be true. Some satin razors have better glide than others but I can always feel the drag which I'm not a fan of.
[emoji106]1:
Thanks for your feedback that's what I thought I will probably pass even though this is a great group Buy

Thanks for your feedback that's what I thought I will probably pass even though this is a great group Buy

Yeah I can see where the price is very tempting and I think the group buy was a great idea for anyone wanting one but I look at it as there are other razors higher on my bucket list and I have lots of other blade holders I can use in the meantime and because of reasons I mentioned I'll pass on this one.

Yeah I can see where the price is very tempting and I think the group buy was a great idea for anyone wanting one but I look at it as there are other razors higher on my bucket list and I have lots of other blade holders I can use in the meantime and because of reasons I mentioned I'll pass on this one.
I have mostly every high end razor I will use the money for a Karve, Blackbird Dart, and a Paradigm SE

That is the reason why I got the Rockwell 6C over the 6S.
The day Matt decides to make an exact copy of the Rex Ambassador like it is right now, but made out of brass, and nickel plated, he'll sell it like cupcakes.
Priced accordingly, of course.

That is the reason why I got the Rockwell 6C over the 6S.
The day Matt decides to make an exact copy of the Rex Ambassador like it is right now, but made out of brass, and nickel plated, he'll sell it like cupcakes.
Priced accordingly, of course.
I'd be in if there was a high polished one as well. I had both 6S and C and sold the S

The N1 Rex I have is not as polished as the original. It is not grey like the Rockwell but is more of a tumbled polish. I have not had drag from the razor but I have heard other people describe it as a skipping feeling. I have definitely seen the improvements that Matt has described and I am enjoying the shave with it. However I do not think it is as smooth as the Gibbs Frank let me try.

The N1 Rex I have is not as polished as the original. It is not grey like the Rockwell but is more of a tumbled polish. I have not had drag from the razor but I have heard other people describe it as a skipping feeling. I have definitely seen the improvements that Matt has described and I am enjoying the shave with it. However I do not think it is as smooth as the Gibbs Frank let me try.
Hi Mark and I stand corrected..thought you said similar color to 6 S...no?

Not that grey but not shiny like a Paradigm, Timeless, or Wolfman
I will definitely pass on this group buy but I'm glad for everybody else that is getting one. What are your favorite razors Shavemd

I will definitely pass on this group buy but I'm glad for everybody else that is getting one. What are your favorite razors Shavemd

Paradigm 17-4, Timeless.95, Charcoal Goods level 2, Blackbird & Cobra Classic

Do you guys think the lack of smoothness it’s in the finish or the design? The Rockwell 6s, Ti Timeless and my Supply V2 have a satin finish and are known to be smooth. Or are the bead blasted finish not as smooth as the polished versions when shaving? I honestly never really noticed a difference, at least not a significant one.

Top Bottom