What's new

Rex or non-adjustable stainless steel option?

Because life's too short to dwell on such things to long... Behold:

Screenshot_20220218_131655.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone, I hope no one feels like I haven't taken their advice to heart. I read everyone's post and then some...
Found out my usual shop had the one Lupo on stock so I didn't have the courage to wait any longer.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The wolfman razors would mean having to pay extra for custom, something I want to avoid.
I keep reading the new Lupo. 72 or. 9x is based on this head. I could get that one easily and quickly but is it really similar to the wolfman wr1?

Edit just found the post on B&b. Looks like the lupo. 72 is interesting indeed...

For me...the Lupo razors are more like the Wolfman WR2, which I also own and which I also find to be excellent shavers. They're not like the WR2 in head design, but they have a very similar feel while shaving. They're efficient and...kind of care free...an easy shave with great results. I like the Lupo razors better than the Game Changer. Obviously, this is all my opinion. But there are plenty of threads on Lupo vs Wolfman vs Game Changer.

Best of luck with your razor search, comrade!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Because life's too short to dwell on such things to long... Behold:

View attachment 1411829
Thanks for the help everyone, I hope no one feels like I haven't taken their advice to heart. I read everyone's post and then some...
Found out my usual shop had the one Lupo on stock so I didn't have the courage to wait any longer.

I'm betting you'll be very pleased with your purchase.

Happy shaves!

The Lupo arrived with a day delay because of storm Eunice.
What a great looking piece of hardware.

I loaded a Gillette Platinum blade, which is the first blade I try in every new razor. Both edges were sticking out quite a bit so I was a bit worried when I started but the shave was very very smooth and comfy.

The UFO handle is visually attractive and the grippiest handle of all the razors in my den. The Lupo isn't a very heavy razor.
I was thinking what and how to write whilst shaving, was going to write effortlessly bbs but then I got a bit careless and planted to prominently visible blade just above my lip and turned to angle it correctly which resulted in an ugly cut just above my lip.
Nothing the alumblock couldn't handle though.

I shaved around 11 am today, 4 hours in and I'm still smooth as a baby's bottom.
Great shave!

april_2022-02-21-15-08-30-796.jpg

Yes, I desperatly need to dust my case.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
The Lupo arrived
I am happy to see that the upgrade worked out in practice! :thumbup1:

I only noticed today that you ordered a razor, the price hurts when one knows how much they cost in Canada and the USA, but well, as fellow European you know that our taxes and customs are upholding freedom and democracy in this sector of the galaxy. And that we are rolling in the dough anyways. :cool:

You might have opened a can of worms, let's see how many more razors and handles might follow! :)

I noticed they were quite a bit cheaper from Gifts&Care, Spain. But they appear to be sold out. Anyway, I have openend a bottle of wine and am trying to forget the razors price. Be kind and never mention it again.

On the flip side, I was leaning towards the Rex which was 250... So in a way I Got off cheap. 🤔

I have been contemplating this question for quite some time. I currently own the Rex Ambassador but not sure if I want to keep it or not because I never go past the 2.5 setting. I just don't want to sell it in case that one time where I want to go for a higher setting. Unsure when that time will be though lol.

I've used a Gillette fatboy for years, and once I found the setting I liked, It was never changed.
So when I recently decided to buy a stainless steel 3 piece razor, I went with the Rex Envoy, and love it.

@Iridian the Lupo. 72 is very much to my liking. As much so that I have spent many hours looking for other ss options that appeal to me.

I found a ATT Kronos with r plate at one of the online stores you shared with me. It's brushed ss. Wondering if it's as 'dull' looking as a pearl flexi? I'm guessing that's more of a satin kind of finish, but I prefer polished versions so am wondering if this brushed would truely fulfill my 'needs'.

Also the Goodfellas smile Stylleto (Gold version), which is slightly cheaper. I think the handle looks a big too thick for the head though - purely an esthetical objection ofcourse.

From what I read both seem very interesting. You seem to favour the Stylleto (mainly because of the grippy handle?)
Which one would you recommend?

Everyone else is free to pitch in, ofcourse. 😇

Iridian

Cool and slimy
From what I read both seem very interesting. You seem to favour the Stylleto (mainly because of the grippy handle?)
Which one would you recommend?
What are you looking for? Why these two? I only know the ATT Windsor Pro SB90, no idea how the R plate compares.
Do you want some more blade, more efficiency, a smoother shave?

You can also get a Stando Chors from within Europe (Etsy), though they are all bead blasted, not polished.
Regarding the ATT Windsor Pro SB90 and the Styletto Black, I like them both a lot. The fancier looking one is the Styletto. I don't know how the R plate of ATT works out.

Difficult to say really, I love the Lupo but it gives me some small bleeders. Nothing scary but it would be nice to end a shave nick-free. I have looked at stando, but as you say they are all satin finished.

The game changer 84 is also an option,I guess. But having a RR already makes me look elsewhere.
I don't mind Blade feel, I like it if I can hear the blade cut through the stubble and I don't like might razors. (which is why I don't fancy getting the aluminum windsor)

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Difficult to say really, I love the Lupo but it gives me some small bleeders. Nothing scary but it would be nice to end a shave nick-free.
You might want to try another blade first. I would go with a Voshkod or a Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum.

Lupo, Game Changer and BBS as well are quite different in how they shave; so getting a Game Changer and having a Lupo might not be stupid at all. You might as well get one with a Razorock handle you don't have yet.

The BBS A (not AS) and the Tatara Masamune are very skin friendly. I personally like the Nodachi, it's still quite tame.

@ClumsyBull might have some ideas as well.

Ah great question. I started off using a Gillette platinum, which worked great. Then put in a permasharp, which also yields great results but gets me some bleeders. I'll try some other blades.

I love you guys, you know everything. But tbh I'm dissapointed... I was hoping to find some enablers. 😉😃😃

Top Bottom