What's new

Rex or non-adjustable stainless steel option?

I am trying to make up for my previous comments. :blushing:

You went from sharp to sharpest, not the right direction. Try Silver Blue or Yellow or some Indian blades, which is what I have settled on. Oh, Lord family of blades too! They are all basically the same in different wrappers(not really).

You might want to try another blade first. I would go with a Voshkod or a Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum.

Lupo, Game Changer and BBS as well are quite different in how they shave; so getting a Game Changer and having a Lupo might not be stupid at all. You might as well get one with a Razorock handle you don't have yet.

The BBS A (not AS) and the Tatara Masamune are very skin friendly. I personally like the Nodachi, it's still quite tame.

@ClumsyBull might have some ideas as well.
Hey man, if Lupo cuts you, i thing thr Gamechanger would be a good option. The .84SB is very safe.

So depending if you would buy european or american here are some options:
European:
Seygus 07
Blutt Razur .99
Tatara Masamune with Nodachi cap
Stando Silesia
Alpha Outlaw

American:
Charcoal Goods level 2
YPM 921 High

These are all razors that are around the efficiency of the Lupo with potentially less bite. Dont let the blade gaps fool you. I have all these razor as is or in a step UP (Blutt 1.2, YPM EH, Nodachi OC, CG L3, Stando Chors) and i KNOW they are very efficient and the aggression levels... the models i recommended are all a small step down in terms of aggression to the Lupo. @Iridian can vouch for most of these setups too.

Nice, you just pointed me towards 2 brands I hadnt heard from and haven't given any thought.

Can't seem to find a seller of the Seygus, even though they are made in Spain.
The Outlaw is available in Spanish stores and looks excellent.
I'm guessing the regular version (gap. 72) would be the one I'd be aiming for?

Last edited:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
guessing the regular version (gap. 72) would be the one I'd be aiming for?
Yes. There is no point actually asking me or Bull for mild razors tbh. I am also not sure if the Outlaw would not be too much for you. But get it with the nice bullet stand and either Bravo or Viper handle... then you still have a fantastic handle. 😎

The Outlaw would be great to test your limit. But if you get weepers with the Lupo, I am worried what the Outlaw could do.

I never tried the mild version of the Outlaw.

A Game Changer .84 SB would beat safer bet. Or a Styletto.

Took my time today with the Lupo and my Permasharp. What a shave and.. nick-free! Alum warned me for some irritation but what a close shave...and what a machine. ♥️

I'm going to try and wait to order anything else (which I will surely manage for at least an hour or three) But reading the above it will most likely either be the RR. 84 or the stylleto.
Unless maybe the Konsul shows up in Benelux stores.

Top Bottom