What's new

Rex Konsul - eager for reviews!

Sorry about the rant, but Some people here are just salty…

others just have poor listening skills. (It’s Permasharp blade, not persona. And the YouTuber didn’t say he is not familiar with it)

the guy paid with his own money for the razor and the shirt, and he seemed so excited to be the first to put a video review on YouTube. In the end he got a great shave and was happy with it…

What’s wrong with that?

in this day and age one can’t simply be happy for the success of a friend or whatever. The Internet police is right around the corner to criticize every single little detail.

Back to the topic. I’m interested in the Konsul as well. Love my Ambassador but it’s too aggressive for constant daily use. I will wait for the discount coupons to show up, though. $350 is too hefty of a price for me

Last edited:
What’s wrong with that?

Gotta say I’m with Mac here on staying positive. I too thought the review was very/too openly supportive, but I just consider the review with that in mind. As with everything in life I try to stay open to all opinions, and I really appreciated the video’s shaving enthusiasm and the look at the razor. When it comes to buying one I will decide for myself based on all input I find (reason for me posting this thread), and if it doesn’t work out for me my actions are on me. I trust nothing but my own face 😂

Happy shaves, all!

others just have poor listening skills. (It’s Permasharp blade, not persona. And the YouTuber didn’t say he is not familiar with it)
My bad, he did mention the Personna 74 and obviously I got it mixed up when I wrote my post. He used a Permasharp, because that's Matt's favourite, and fanboys will be fanboys I guess ...

My bad, he did mention the Personna 74 and obviously I got it mixed up when I wrote my post. He used a Permasharp, because that's Matt's favourite, and fanboys will be fanboys I guess ...
Both the Rex Ambassador and the Konsul was designed around the Permasharp and the Polsilver blade. Other blades will probably work to, but i find my Rex a little picky on blades. It would probably have been better if he had said something about what blades the razor had been developed around, and justified his blade choice based on that.
I still found it useful as a first impression review.

Last edited:
Very informative and a good first look (and I took the "Matt" comments as tongue-in-cheek - objectively, I love my Rex and use it with any blade except a Feather, and he makes a pretty good razor). Mine arrives next week. And I don't care what blade Matt uses.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Yep the extra $100 over the ambassador made me balk. I go along with waiting for a discount. I say that after spending $135 on dinner last night. The razor will last a lifetime. Not so much for the dinner.
I have the Envoy and the Ambassador. In my opinion the build quality is fantastic. I don’t know how the new razor would shave for me, but I do have faith that it will be a product of the highest quality.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Mine's on the way. Sitting in LA at the moment, I think. When it gets here I will probably continue to torture myself by not using it for a while.

I'm beginning to think about what's going to be in the Tilted Picnic this spring. Certainly the Konsul! I'd like to put off my first run with it until then. I'm also looking at RazoRock's new slant line and hoping that some of that will be available.

I'm not wrapped around being the first one. We all know what it's like to use the Best. Thing. Ever. for that first shave. I'm more interested in how I settle into using it a bit longer-term.

So far, three razors have made "the cut" if you'll pardon the pun.

O.H.

Sorry about the rant, but Some people here are just salty…

the guy paid with his own money for the razor and the shirt, and he seemed so excited to be the first to put a video review on YouTube. In the end he got a great shave and was happy with it…

What’s wrong with that?

in this day and age one can’t simply be happy for the success of a friend or whatever. The Internet police is right around the corner to criticize every single little detail.

Back to the topic. I’m interested in the Konsul as well. Love my Ambassador but it’s too aggressive for constant daily use. I will wait for the discount coupons to show up, though. $350 is too hefty of a price for me
Brother Mac,

How can an adjustable razor be too aggressive for daily use? Even at a setting of 1? That's hard for me to visualize. Am I missing something?

Brother Mac,

How can an adjustable razor be too aggressive for daily use? Even at a setting of 1? That's hard for me to visualize. Am I missing something?
I understand where he’s coming from. 1 is my current favorite setting. Even there, it it still has considerable blade feel and respectable efficiency. Ergo, it’s not mild. In my opinion, closest (although still not similar) setting on my Fatboy is 7. It’s hard to articulate—you just have to experience for yourself.

Top Bottom