What's new

Rex Envoy first thoughts

This is a great question that I would also like to find out the answer to.
Anyone?
Good Morning Gents.. I have owned and shaved with both the Envoy and the Super Speed heavy. I sold the Envoy and purchased the Rex Ambassador but shaved with the Envoy for 6-7 months. The difference to me was night and day. Funny how in 1955 the super speed heavy was billed as the most aggressive of the three offerings that year. To me I can only get a good shave with it loaded with a feather blade with 3 pass and a clean up. I find it is less efficient than my EJ D89.. It is an incredibly mild razor that I only shave with on nostalgic occasions. I do love this razor and is one of the few vintage I have kept. The envoy although a mere .68 blade gap is a really efficient razor due to the + blade exposure and overall geometry of the razor. It took me a few shaves to figure it out, but once I did I was rewarded with no drama BBS shaves. Hope this helps.

IMG_2153.jpg

According to the Rex Supply Co. website it is 0.025 inches or 0.635 mm.

I believe that is the gap and not the blade exposure.

How would you compare this to aggressiveness of a Gillette red tip superspeed?
I recently found a Gillette red tip and after shaving with it, there is no comparison to the Rex Envoy. The Red tip is not aggressive when compared to the Envoy. Both are great razors in their own way.

Good Morning Gents.. I have owned and shaved with both the Envoy and the Super Speed heavy. I sold the Envoy and purchased the Rex Ambassador but shaved with the Envoy for 6-7 months. The difference to me was night and day. Funny how in 1955 the super speed heavy was billed as the most aggressive of the three offerings that year. To me I can only get a good shave with it loaded with a feather blade with 3 pass and a clean up. I find it is less efficient than my EJ D89.. It is an incredibly mild razor that I only shave with on nostalgic occasions. I do love this razor and is one of the few vintage I have kept. The envoy although a mere .68 blade gap is a really efficient razor due to the + blade exposure and overall geometry of the razor. It took me a few shaves to figure it out, but once I did I was rewarded with no drama BBS shaves. Hope this helps.

View attachment 1121096
Hi
Is does the ambassador have as an aggressive blade exposure as the Envoy? I’m still trying to get to grips with the envoy as I use it on my head as well

My envoy is ordered. Now I await.

I had that envoy case in my cart too...but couldn't pull the trigger on the $100 cost...got the razor only.

The grip on my Rex is amazing. I have no desire to get an Envoy but I sure would like the handle to use with my other 3 piece heads.

Top Bottom