What's new

Rex Envoy first thoughts

The Rex Ambassador is basically a Gibbs replica in SS, and one of my favorite modern razors, along with the Game Changer .84, 6s, and Karve.

The Envoy is a 3 piece version of the Ambassador, mimicking setting 3.

Got another shave in today with the Rex Envoy and after several uses I am positive there is a slight increase to blade exposure and rigidity, which gives great results on the ATG pass. Feels more like a 2.5 or 2.7 though, still oretty

The weight is more towards the bottom than the top like the Ambassador, making it more maneuverable, but in my case requiring a bit of pressure, instead of letting the razors weight do the trick. Overall a great shave, and if you don’t already have an Ambassador I highly suggest it.
AD169BCA-C4FB-478E-9B1E-355D4FB32AB8.jpeg
5F4F5F83-7A11-4FDA-B2B0-9B1EE70BB3C7.jpeg
01BCCBDB-29CF-4135-9907-E18A48F143BC.jpeg
D7791CAA-950E-476D-A45A-D58D06A57708.jpeg
54AEEA09-4355-4522-8447-D4D0826042AA.jpeg
D94431A7-FB36-4EE0-94CE-D25F2F70F4D2.jpeg

i am extremely pleased with my envoy.been using it since dec 9 with many different blades with great success. handles well and verly smooth to me. i do not have an ambassador but i certainally do like the looks of it.john

Somewhere between a C and D OC, but with a tad more(minuscule) blade feel.
This would align with my experience as well. I have the envoy and the D SB + D OC plates. The standout for me is the grip on this thing. Really impressed with the knurling.

Note: I also have the Phoenix Starcarft brush that you show in your SOTD pic above. I really like it. Maybe its more the handle shape for me, but i keep going back to it.

I own both and find them to be completely different. I find the Envoy to be more aggressive by a wide margin than the GC. Love 'em both though.

I own the Envoy along with a Rocca and R41 (I love my Muhles), and I feel like the Envoy has zero aggression. I’ve been wanting a GC .84, specifically hoping it would be more aggressive than the Envoy. Does anyone else agree the GC .84 is milder?

I have both the Envoy and the GameChanger 0.84 and I think that the GC 0.84 is more aggressive and has more blade feel than the Envoy does. That is just my personal observation based on my use of both razors.

Does anyone know what the actual blade exposure is on the REX Envoy?
According to the Rex Supply Co. website it is 0.025 inches or 0.635 mm.

I own the Envoy along with a Rocca and R41 (I love my Muhles), and I feel like the Envoy has zero aggression. I’ve been wanting a GC .84, specifically hoping it would be more aggressive than the Envoy. Does anyone else agree the GC .84 is milder?
I don’t own the Envoy. For me, my GC .84 SB is smoother but less efficient than my Rocca. YMMV. But, for the great price point, I think every wet shaver should try the GC. Also the .84 Jaws kicks it up a notch (on par with Rocca).

Top Bottom