I met with the Ambassador today. Excellent in every respect 🫡

Evening, last night's shave:

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: HSSC Eclipse
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Skin Bracer

Went for setting 6 pass one, and 1.5 for the next two. Fantastic irritation free shave. This blade pairs really nicely with this razor for me. Ring of death on the soap tub, it's been a great one, but trying to finish off some of my older ones.

10/10

Cheers

Great shave. The shave stick by Ethos gives great protection & glide for every pass with just a few strokes of the stick on the face producing plenty of on the spot lather. The Rex Ambassador still brings it with solid performance with a new Schick blade which by the way, is one heck of a blade. Smooth and nicely sharp as it pairs very well with the Ambassador.

RAD is real with the Rex. Any day it delivers. Great shaves to all….:straight:

E1A7C43B-C15D-40E2-B20D-FB4EFE2C3ABD.jpeg

Can anyone tell me how the Rex Konsul compares to other slants like ikon or Merkur (besides the adjustable factor)

Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell me how the Rex Konsul compares to other slants like ikon or Merkur (besides the adjustable factor)

Thanks in advance
The adjustability is THE factor. The Ikon X 3 was abysmally mild for me. The 103 and the Merkur-style (any maker) are very nice and certainly functional.

The Konsul meets them at the start and with a fractional turn of the dial, the Konsul easily exceeds them in efficiency.

The RazoRock Super Slant is the only real competition, and if you buy the Goldilocks "a little milder, a little more aggressive, an oh-just-right!" plate set, you're into the Konsul pricing territory any way, so...

The adjustability is THE factor. The Ikon X 3 was abysmally mild for me. The 103 and the Merkur-style (any maker) are very nice and certainly functional.

The Konsul meets them at the start and with a fractional turn of the dial, the Konsul easily exceeds them in efficiency.

The RazoRock Super Slant is the only real competition, and if you buy the Goldilocks "a little milder, a little more aggressive, an oh-just-right!" plate set, you're into the Konsul pricing territory any way, so...
Thanks for the clarification friend, appreciate it

RETURN TO REX
I have now been wet shaving for about 1 year. I made the beginners mistake of trying a slant razor before I really had a handle on technique. I bought the Ambassador and the Konsul because of all the great reviews. I had horrible experiences with both, not because of the tools, but because of my lack of knowledge in how to shave properly. I returned both. Fast forward 1 year and some forum members have convinced me to try the Konsul again. So, with new knowledge and improved technique, I ventured out and repurchased the Konsul. The results were unbelievable. The shaves were perfection, smooth, very efficient and altogether comfortable. This ranks as my best adjustable and equal to my Lambdas. As for the Ambassador, that one still scares me a bit due to its aggressiveness. Also, dealing with the people at Razor Emporium has been wonderful.

Afternoon, this morning's shave:

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Vidyut Supermax Super Stainless (1)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: Arko
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport

This blade and soap continue to perform well. A couple days growth, and the Rex at 1.5 for all 3 passes, really great shave, and complete BBS.

9.75/10

Cheers

Top Bottom