What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Could not stand it. Had to polish up the kit razor head. I'll give it a spin in the morning.
IMG_20190428_194410671.jpg

Sorry if this question has been posted before... I was thinking of buying the Rex Ambassador because I want an adjustable DE. I currently use the Karve and own all the plates up to the D plate, and I normally shave on the C and D plates depending on the growth. I wanted to try an adjustable so I can tone it down on the last cleanup pass instead of having to change out the plates manually on the Karve. I looked at the Parker Variant and the Merkur Progress, but both look cheaply made and I don't like the idea of having the adjustment nob on the bottom of the handle. From all the videos and reviews I have seen people love the razor, but is the $250 price tag worth the jump? Any of you guys who own the razor, do you love it enough that you would buy it again, or would you pass and get something else now that you have used it?

One of the best modern open comb (dual open comb mind you) razors made to date. Superb smoothness and efficiency. Not much is said about the PAA Ascension series of razors but, you’d be wrong to discount this as just another razor in the sea of open combs. This razor right here, the Copper Ascension is a heck of a deal for what it brings to the shave table, performance wise.

It matters not what razor you may have. The Ascension takes a back seat to no one. That’s how good these razors are. Love it.....

AE970E76-E4F5-42CD-A67C-8041E6D4066E.jpeg

One of the best modern open comb (dual open comb mind you) razors made to date. Superb smoothness and efficiency. Not much is said about the PAA Ascension series of razors but, you’d be wrong to discount this as just another razor in the sea of open combs. This razor right here, the Copper Ascension is a heck of a deal for what it brings to the shave table, performance wise.

It matters not what razor you may have. The Ascension takes a back seat to no one. That’s how good these razors are. Love it.....

View attachment 989397
that's a Gray Dog brush isn't it? Cocobola Wood

I want to try this soap out but I’m torn between the original recipe and the CK-6 version.

Any suggestions from users?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Tombstone! It's leather and gunpowder with a hint of menthol and pretty burly scent-wise. Go with CK6. It's a much better formula than their previous one.

I was wondering how PAA aftershave splashes compare to aftershave splashes from companies like stirling, fine, and razorock? I heard PAA splashes can also be used as colognes too. Is this true? i am looking at the atomic age bay rum splash from PAA. Has anyone used this specific splash or any other splash from PAA? What are your thoughts on PAA aftershave splashes? worth it? thanks

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
PAA BayRum.ExtraPoints.480.png

This is my very favorite bay rum. I like various bay rums but none are as great as this one.

PAA.Beach@Holden.480.2018 (2).JPG

This is my current favorite splash probably because it's summertime. Great scent.

Yes, they have very good products according to my skin and my nose.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 995462

This is my very favorite bay rum. I like various bay rums but none are as great as this one.

View attachment 995463

This is my current favorite splash probably because it's summertime. Great scent.

Yes, they have very good products according to my skin and my nose.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I've got about 20 PAA aftershaves. I enjoy them all, based on their scents. The face feel is like any drug store aftershave, but the scents are many levels above. I think The Beach, Cavendish, Atomic Age Bay Rum, Classic Bay Rum, Sk8shop, among many others, are awesome scents. For face feel, I'd go with Chatillon Lux or Maol Grooming, which are also tremendous scents.

Top Bottom