What's new

Rex Ambassador US Tour pass around...

So, here goes another tour pass around that has been given the green light by the B&B Mods team (just to make sure everything is on the level) and I thank them once again for allowing this to run and take its course. Much appreciated Gents.....:thumbup:

This is how members will receive the razor and contents. The box top is a slide off cover, no need to rip it apart. I'm requesting when your time is done with the razor, to clean, sanitize and repackage carefully as you received it and ship it to the next participant. Makes it easier and more enjoyable for all.

DBaqQs8.jpg

bbtWp1q.jpg

6tMLZqC.jpg

I anticipate in starting this pass-around within a week or 2, so to those who have never tried and would be interested in taking the Rex Ambassador Razor for a test shave run, please read on..

General Requirements for Participation
Active B&B members in "good standing" are welcome to send me a PM regarding participating in the tour pass-around. I would suggest active and good standing infers you have been around B&B for at least a few months (3months and at least 50-75 posts) * and are participating in the community. If you are active on other shaving forums and are new to B&B, I will take that into consideration. And if you do not qualify today but have interest, you may become eligible as the tour unfolds..... so please feel free to send me a PM and I can add you to the "reserve" list.

* For those that participated in the previous Rockwell Tour, those members are automatically in and just need to pm me or post their interests right here in this thread.

Following are the rules which are simply intended to keep the tour fair, fun, and safe.

1. Please limit your time with the gear to 7 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. There will be exceptions, and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel) please let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.

2. The package will contain a Rex Ambassador razor and I will include a few tucks of GSB's, Wilkinson Sword and Voshkod blades to get it started. You're more than welcome to use your own of course. The blade package should allow at least 10 participants to try the razor. If we have more than 10 participants, I will send additional blades onto the road when we reach that point.

3. I am shipping the razor clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. Simple Green, soapy hot water, Barbecide and Scrubby Bubbles are fine. No harsh chemicals that contain ammonia or bleach.

4. Carefully wrap and ship the package as your means allow (e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx). It will be shipping in a small Priority Mail flat rate box. If Priority Mail is a hardship, please switch to a clean, generic box and pack securely. The replacement costs for the razor is nearly $250 and there is an expectation that each participant insure the package for $200 in order to recoup most of the costs should something go awry. Total costs for Priority Mail & insurance will be about $10-$12, which you might consider as the "cost of admission" for the tour.

5. Communicate. Please post in this thread when you receive the razor and when it ships. Upon receipt, please contact the next person on the list in order to have their shipping information on-hand when your time with the razor is over. Please PM me as needed or if you have any questions. It is never fun to track you down if you are in possession of the razor and have gone off the grid.

6. Post Reviews! Please share your impressions, good or bad, with your fellow B&B members. I am in no way affiliated with the vendor and am simply sharing so that members can try the razor and share their experience.

7. Have fun.

Thanks B&B!

Rex Ambassador US Tour List:

1. @ShavePastor
2. @Dave in KY
3. @Graydog
4. @NJDJ
5. @JTshaves
6. @ED3054
7. @Sharp_Obsession
8. @Keto

These are the first 8 gents to sign on. A pm or a post here will get you on gents...

Important Read below:

I will start with these first 8 and do the pass around in 8 week periods. That way I can bring it in and do a once over or tuning/cleaning if needed. No more than a couple of days and it would go out to the next group and so forth. Just giving all a heads up as it's an adjustable and made fairly well and robust but, just in case....

Just keep signing up and I will make the list in the order that I receive the requests for the tour sign up.

Thanks Gents...

Rex Ambassador US Tour List:

1. @ShavePastor
2. @Dave in KY
3. @Graydog
4. @NJDJ
5. @JTshaves
6. @ED3054
7. @Sharp_Obsession
8. @Keto

These are the first 8 gents to sign on. A pm or a post here will get you on gents...

Important Read below:

I will start with these first 8 and do the pass around in 8 week periods. That way I can bring it in and do a once over or tuning/cleaning if needed. No more than a couple of days and it would go out to the next group and so forth. Just giving all a heads up as it's an adjustable and made fairly well and robust but, just in case....

Just keep signing up and I will make the list in the order that I receive the requests for the tour sign up.

Thanks Gents...

Good idea, & great job of organizing.

Gus (AKA The Enabler), Thanks for the opportunity. You are a true gentlemen to share these razors for members to try before they buy if they want. May none of us take for granted your generosity.
proxy.php

And potentially expensive if we really enjoy the razor. :)

Indeed. But, that's the risk we all take and hence why a pass around is great. The individual(s) that try it get a real time experience with it and make their own assessments based on their own experience and time with the razor. Their decision is solely based on that time and experience with the Rex. Trust me, my intent is not to push anyone to purchase a razor that's $200+ as I have no affiliation with the manufacturer, suppliers or subsidiaries of said razor. It's just an act of good faith and sharing a razor that perhaps to many on this forum is unobtanium because of limited resources/funds. It's my way of giving back to the B&B community.

And if you happen to go ga-ga as to the quality, workmanship, details and its shaving prowess, then I apologize to you and those that go monkey-nuts over the Rex. I especially apologize to those that have to persuade SWMBO. That is a feat all to in itself..... Not an easy objective..:001_tt2:

Last edited:
Indeed. But, that's the risk we all take and hence why a pass around is great. The individual(s) that try it get a real time experience with it and make their own assessments based on their own experience and time with the razor. Their decision is solely based on that time and experience with the Rex. Trust me, my intent is not to push anyone to purchase a razor that's $200+ as I have no affiliation with the manufacturer, suppliers or subsidiaries of said razor. It's just an act of good faith and sharing a razor that perhaps to many on this forum is unobtanium because of limited resources/funds. It's my way of giving back to the B&B community.

And if you happen to go ga-ga as to the quality, workmanship, details and its shaving prowess, then I apologize to you and those that go monkey-nuts over the Rex. I especially apoligize to those that have to persuade SWMBO. That is a feat all to itself..... Not an easy objective..:001_tt2:

All ready working on my plan for the ( SWMBO ). A 7 day trial with the Razor is STEP 1. If I like it of course. But knowing me I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus, I enjoyed being part of the Rockwell tour -- I love all these tours -- and would like to get in on this one as well, please. Thanks.

Top Bottom