What's new

Rex Ambassador US Tour pass around...

Final thoughts as I wait for @WarriorMonk to contact me with an address. Message has been sent to him today.

While the shave is nice, I have to admit that this is not something I would spend the money on. Overall I got an ok shave. But it took a bit more effort than what I was expecting. While I do like the idea of the adjustable, I don't think that the price is worth it. I may change my mind later if I can find a lower cost adjustable to get the knack for this type of razor.

As for the razor itself, I do like the overall weight and it has a nice feel and there is no fear of it slipping out of my hand. THe handle I think is just a little too short for me. I seem to favor something a little longer as it allows me to find that correct angle a little better.

I found that on a setting of 1 I kept falling off the blade and would have to readjust. I just could keep that sweet spot. But it did work well as the setting for the clean-up.

6 was a great setting for a 4 day old shave. It mowed it down with ease and I only received one little nick on my chin, which has always been a trouble spot for me due to a scar.

I will take pictures of this and my daily shaver once I get the Ambassador cleaned up.

Thanks for the heads up on being next, but I am going to pass on it this time around. I don't have the time for a thorough review. Sorry everyone.

@valthun: Thanks for that write-up. Interesting how your experience sorta dovetails with mine. Looking forward to pics of your current rig compared to the Ambassador.

7/13/19

Rex Ambassador US Tour List:

Group One:

1. @ShavePastor (completed) *Note
2. @Dave in KY (completed)
3. @Graydog (completed)
4. @NJDJ (completed)
5. @ED3054 (completed)
6. @JTshaves (completed)
7. @Sharp_Obsession (completed)
8. @Keto (completed)

These are the first 8 gents to sign on. A pm or a post here will get you on gents...

Here is the formation of the second group. Like I stated in a few posts before this one, the tour will be broken into 8 week sections so that I can reel in the Rex and go over it if it needs a deep cleaning/tuning etc.

Group Two:
1. @Rory1262 (completed)
2. @Grundi (completed)
3. @dezmil (completed)
4. @Clay S (completed)
5. @simon_zzz (completed)
6. @Feynmansbongos (completed)
7. @emwolf (completed)
8. @Odenihy (completed)

3 groups are complete so that puts the tour at about a 32-36 week run plus/minus a week for the haul in.

I already have a reserve list started and if any participants in the first 2 groups need to switch out or drop out of the tour, everyone moves up including those in the reserve list.

Another group is all set and ready to go. Any changes because of work, vacation or just life happens, please pm me so that we can adjust accordingly.

Group three:
1. @dfoulk (completed)
2. @Clark Finestead (completed)
3. @bobmsp (completed)
4. @dmshaver (completed)
5. @DCRIII (completed)
6. @mozartman (completed)
7. @Ray Settanta (completed)
8. @cyberdog (completed)

Group four:
1. @CzechCzar (????-????)
2. @Cut Throat (completed) *Note
3. @herbert7890 (completed)
4. @JWK1 (completed)
5. @amateriat (completed)
6. @valthun (completed)
7. @ram57 (on deck)
8. @Chef Glenn (in the hole)

Reserve List:
1. @SolidSnake03
2. @DCP
3. @cgr86
4. @Parallax
5. @Badger in the Sun
6. @‘Bout Time
7. @BBS-1
8. @MC Shaving
9. @vadim
10. @jldallas
11. @johnwick
12. @Olegausany
13. @ryinzana
14. @pdieten
15. @Zen Shaver
16. @Schinny
17. @Chaddy187

*Purchased a Rex.

A pm or post here will get you on Gents and Ladies.

Get your shave on people....... :shaving:

Post Office mishap. Lost package.
I assume you paid for the razor before you started this pass around tour. If so, I'd like to see you get your money back.

If enough people donate a small sum of money we can get you reimbursed quickly. I'd like to donate $5.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Package was insured, so it shouldn't be a problem with getting reimbursed. It's just sad that it disappeared on its way to the next person.

That's part of the deal with pass arounds. You have to come to terms with the fact that it can be lost in transit or just goes off the grid for whatever reason. As @valthun stated, the package was insured and I kept a record of the original purchase date of the razor. So, being reimbursed is not an issue at all. There's a tracer track on it and it could still potentially show up but, I won't hold my breath on it.

I feel bad for those remaining on the list as they didn't get a chance to try the Rex out. Hopefully, as @santamariasteve posted, stranger things have happened and it could still reappear.

Happy shaves.....:shaving:

It's sad that this epic pass-around and thread are coming to an end this way. :(

Thank you again @GlazedBoker and everyone that contributed here! I hope that the razor reappears and the thread carries on!

Oh, hell…I was always worried about this, to the point that I made certain about where I was sending the package next (thanks, @GlazedBoker & @valthun, for sorting stuff out!), making certain I insured/tracked/Et Cetera'd the thing. Yes, "stuff" happens, and not just by one carrier (I've had at least two packages each lost in recent years via UPS, USPS, and FedEx). It just plain blows. And yet, I'm hoping it somehow reappears. I want others who were on the list to get a shot, if possible.

That's part of the deal with pass arounds. You have to come to terms with the fact that it can be lost in transit or just goes off the grid for whatever reason. As @valthun stated, the package was insured and I kept a record of the original purchase date of the razor. So, being reimbursed is not an issue at all. There's a tracer track on it and it could still potentially show up but, I won't hold my breath on it.

I feel bad for those remaining on the list as they didn't get a chance to try the Rex out. Hopefully, as @santamariasteve posted, stranger things have happened and it could still reappear.

Happy shaves.....:shaving:
Well, what’s the conclusion or take away from those who did use it you figure? It looks like it was well enough liked, but out of the 30 that tried it, only two purchased after trying. ~7%. Did I get that right?

Top Bottom