What's new

Rex ambassador question

I’m just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Rex ambassador…I currently use a futur gold and I love the razor a lot ….but I kinda like the look of the ambassador….also it is fairly pricey so I don’t know…if I decide to get it I’ll save up maybe …month or two grab it ( I’ve just been bombarded with heaps of bills lol🙄) thank you in advance

I’m just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Rex ambassador…I currently use a futur gold and I love the razor a lot ….but I kinda like the look of the ambassador….also it is fairly pricey so I don’t know…if I decide to get it I’ll save up maybe …month or two grab it ( I’ve just been bombarded with heaps of bills lol🙄) thank you in advance
Might try looking here:

Might try looking here:

I have an Envoy and I really like it. I plan on picking up an Ambassador at some point. I understand the disappointment some have with the product but everyone's skin, facial hair, shave routine is different. What works for some will not work for others and vice versa. Take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I really like the Rex Ambassador. I have it dialed in for a great shave that is very comfortable. No issues at all. The razor is visually stunning, with quality steel. However, it won't shave better than my vintage open comb Old type razor with a thin cap. It just depends in what you want in a razor.

One more note on scratch and dent razors. Insignificant dings that in no way hinder functionality or shave quality. The Konsul is also coming out soon.

like efficient like the Lupo 95 you will love it !

the best grippy handle I have ever touched :)

I love the industrial look just love it !

not for me going to put mine up for trade or sale soon enough as I am now close to the end of my finding the one razor to rule them all journey I reckon :)

I really like my Rex.
They are often on sale and can certainly be found used.
Best price I saw was on BF, so I picked one up at that time.

I don't think you'll be unhappy - but for the money it might not be for you unless you really want an adjustable.

Great razor although a bit too aggressive but low setting and angle towards the safety bar (steep angle?) and you get great shaves!

I just ordered the Rex Ambassador. Reading this forum & Matt saying the new Rex Slant addresses the blade feel, I'm sending it right back on Monday after it gets delivered. I ordered a Feather AS-D2, I'll wait for the Rocnel Sailor 2021 to come back in stock..The only razor I own is the Rockwell 6c, I use plate R5 with Feathers & Kai blades.

I like the Rex very much. I recently purchased it a second time after selling my first one two years ago.
I also have the flexi which is similar but has less blade exposure so its milder.

I use the rex on 1.3-1.6 setting. So you should dial in carefully depending on your liking. On that setting it's not aggressive but you feel the blade.

My preferred blades are Astra sp and gillette platinum.

Top Bottom