What's new

REX Ambassador Quality Control Issue?

M

member 119848

I see my razors as tools and don’t mind any scuffs, dings, or scratches that I put on myself from regular use as it adds to the character of the razor. But for that price a razor should be damn near perfect from the factory.
I totally understand you. I have been there. It is really annoying.
Just like when having a new watch or a new car, yes... it should be perfect.
But I´m trying to give you another perspective. It´s only a razor, and it will get it´s usage status anyway.
Letting go of such small details that make big annoyances makes life easier.

I owned 3 Timeless razors in the past and got mad each time a dent and scratch came in. I´m glad I changed my mindset. Nice things are often a burden. And maintaining perfection consumes mental energy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally understand you. I have been there. It is really annoying.
Just like when having a new watch or a new car, yes... it should be perfect.
But I´m trying to give you another perspective. It´s only a razor, and it will get it´s usage status anyway.
Letting go of such small details that make big annoyances makes life easier.

I owned 3 Timeless razors in the past and got mad each time a dent and scratch came in. I´m glad I changed my mindset. Nice things are often a burden. And maintaining perfection consumes mental energy.
Fully agree. Why sweat the small stuff. Once used it is no longer new. No mater what one thinks. So there is no going back to that.

Relax and enjoy your shave with your used razor. That is why we buy them. Or at least I do.

Hi,
I have a problem with my new Rex Ambassador. If I rotate the adjustment wheel from 0.5 to 6.25 everything is ok, smooth and soft as butter. At 6.25, however, I notice a sort of "step" and then continue with a little more friction, arriving at the end of the race around 6.75. Does it seem normal to you?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Hi,
I have a problem with my new Rex Ambassador. If I rotate the adjustment wheel from 0.5 to 6.25 everything is ok, smooth and soft as butter. At 6.25, however, I notice a sort of "step" and then continue with a little more friction, arriving at the end of the race around 6.75. Does it seem normal to you?
Hi and welcome to B&B. I'm sure some the folks will be along shortly to help.

So to the person who started this two questions, or maybe three.

1. Did you purchase NEW.

2. If New did you contact place you purchased from? If not Razor Emporium.

3. Did you contact Razor Emporium, before starting this, or do you not?

Personally if I have B****, with anything I bought new I tend to contact MFG, or Place of Purchase before posting I am unhappy.

So to the person who started this two questions, or maybe three.

1. Did you purchase NEW.

2. If New did you contact place you purchased from? If not Razor Emporium.

3. Did you contact Razor Emporium, before starting this, or do you not?

Personally if I have B****, with anything I bought new I tend to contact MFG, or Place of Purchase before posting I am unhappy.
1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

So what is being done to make you happy?

I live in PHX, looked at Rex’s, the ones I looked at were there BLEM.

Honestly I had to be shoe the blemish to see it. They were discounted heavy.

Had I had extra cash, I would have bought the blem.

Like I said I could not see the blemishes.

Top Bottom