What's new

rewrapping an unwrapped stick?

Found an old stick of Arko in a C.O. Bigelow box that I apparently unwrapped and stuck in there a year or two ago (to get rid of the smell? Because I hated the ink from the wrapper bleeding onto my sink?) — which is great, as I was getting tired of the Bigelow and wanting to change things up, but now I have no idea how I can use this without making a huge mess every time. Lost the shaving bowl I was using last time I moved, and I don't have any other shave stick containers in my possession...what would be the best option here?

1. Aluminum foil: seems sturdy, but prone to rust.
2. Saran wrap: assume it'd cling tight, but get funky real quick with the moisture
3. Half shoved it into an old pill bottle but stopped when I realized I wouldn't be able to get it back out

What have other people done in this situation?

Found an old stick of Arko in a C.O. Bigelow box that I apparently unwrapped and stuck in there a year or two ago (to get rid of the smell? Because I hated the ink from the wrapper bleeding onto my sink?) — which is great, as I was getting tired of the Bigelow and wanting to change things up, but now I have no idea how I can use this without making a huge mess every time. Lost the shaving bowl I was using last time I moved, and I don't have any other shave stick containers in my possession...what would be the best option here?

1. Aluminum foil: seems sturdy, but prone to rust.
2. Saran wrap: assume it'd cling tight, but get funky real quick with the moisture
3. Half shoved it into an old pill bottle but stopped when I realized I wouldn't be able to get it back out

What have other people done in this situation?
I just use a pill bottle.

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
perhaps parchment paper?
Yep, your idea is better than mine, wax paper.

For me the tactile sensation of holding a soap stick in my fingers would just creep me out if it's wet, so anything for that 15 second time period that it takes to do the job should be fine.

Lol, hope I never drop my Arko Man in the sink water!!!

3d printed
arko-shave-stick-push-dispenser-3d-model-u2XtW257b_200.jpg

I would wrap it in two layers. Inner layer of wax paper and outer layer of aluminum foil. I keep both of those things in the kitchen. The aluminum won't rust, BTW.

Thanks, everyone! Wrapped in parchment paper to start, and might add a layer of foil on there once it dries out! Would do the stick → puck thing, but if the performance is slightly better when rubbed directly onto the face, I might use it the old-fashioned way until it starts wearing down a bit (especially since my medicine cabinet is rather shallow). Appreciate all the advice! (And Arko, what a lather!)

Top Bottom