What's new

Revisor Blades

Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Revisor straight razor (i.e. buying it direct, and having it shipped to London).

Has anyone else had any dealing with Revisor?

How do their blades compare to e.g. TI or Dovo?

Apologies if these questions go over old ground - I only recently joined, and this will be my first straight razor.

I'll be following the responses closely. I love the look of some of the Revisor razors, but haven't ponied up for one yet. Please update us if you order one!

welcome amfortas!!
where are you located?

revisor's straights are excellent! you will not be disappointed, and the Euro is at bargain price vs the US$ right now.

$wm_normal_palmolive_stick_revisor_speick_sep_2013s_comp_2.jpg

I bought one$IMG_1633.jpg direct a few months ago without any problems. Arrived here in Las Vegas exactly one week form purchase.

Greetings one and all, and thank you for your replies'

Hi Sarmiento1, I'm im London, England. And you're right: given the £ to € exchange rate, now is the time to order!

I will order one I'm the coming days, and post a picture when it arrives 😀

I emailed Revisor yesterday, and I was told that the razors are shipped "shave ready".

Can anyone confirm this?

I emailed Revisor yesterday, and I was told that the razors are shipped "shave ready".

Can anyone confirm this?

Each of my Revisors over the past couple of years, has arrived nicely sharpened. I only had to strop and they were ready to go.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 75
The edge on this one wasn't shave ready but I fixed the issue with the Shapton Glass Stones. Now it's a great shaving razor and an eye catcher.

proxy.php

I bought oneView attachment 574967 direct a few months ago without any problems. Arrived here in Las Vegas exactly one week form purchase.
I like those scales.

I've got a Revisor 8/8 and it's a wonderful shaving razor.

View attachment 574972
I kept going back to their website to have another peek at that one.

The edge on this one wasn't shave ready but I fixed the issue with the Shapton Glass Stones. Now it's a great shaving razor and an eye catcher.

proxy.php
I was on the fence a few months ago about whether to get a 7/8ths Revisor or a Ralf Aust. I went with the Aust and had nothing but problems with it, so I ended up sending it back.
Quick question, you say yours wasn't shave ready? Were there any problems with the bevel, like it being uneven? Or the grind?

All the workmanship is superb but the edge wasn't "shave ready by my standards". If you decide to go with a Revisor contact them and tell them you want a "Shave Ready Edge" on your razor.

I got one Revisor. It came more shave ready than most razors, but my definition of shave ready is uncomfortable ultra sharp, so after a couple of shaves I gave the edge a slight touch up (8000/12000/CromeOx/FerrOx). The edge still holds that sharpness None of my Dovo's have come shave ready, all my TI have.

The workmanship is really good, on par with the TI you're asking about, but IMHO Dovo (you're second reference) is better than either when it comes to etching.

Finally when it comes to quality versus price I'd say that it is very hard to beat the Revisor. It's cheaper than Dovo and cost much less than TI. Revisor is a quality razor.

I hope this was of some help.
Kind regards
Polarbeard

Thank you everyone! I'll keep you posted - I intend to order a razor on Monday, so perhaps I'll have it by next week!

Top Bottom