What's new

Revisiting Your First Equipments

Hi Everyone !!

I kindly invite you to shave with your first shave equipments. Tomorrow I'll shave with my;
first DE Razor Timor 1322,
first Brush Proraso Boar
first cream Proraso Sandal.

I kindly Invite you to digg your dens and grab your initial DE razors, SE Razors, Shavettes, Straight Razors, Brushes, soaps, creams...

Although we may have better, expensive equipments it seems a good idea to show our respect to our humble and reliable equipments.

If you already sold your initial equipments you can use your oldest purchase equipments as well.

Photos are highly appreciated.
firstequip.jpeg

- Human likes to blame everything but himself -

This morning I revisited my old Timor1322 and my first brush Proraso. I had two passes (WTG + XTG/ATG) with an flawless result.
On my first days on wet sahving I was blaming the DE Razor, the blade, the soap/creme and the brush but never my lack of technique... This was "one of the reason" (there are some other reasons as well) of acquiring new De Razors motivation... In order to cure lack of technique we buys many different type / brands of razors.

Of course RAD can not be explained only with "lack of technique, blaming the existing razor and motivation of buying new Razors".

Other reason of RAD;

- Curiosity
- To be bored with the same existing Razor
- Difficulties to change other big rocks on our life
- Social Acceptance (SOTD)
- Change of shaving frequency
- Hobby and Collection

RAD is not a good thing but it is not bad either... You enjoy and experience new Razor(s) and when you don't like to keep them any more you can sell or donate.

But what I experienced on my own and I observed on many new wet shavers is to blame their equipment.

What I did this morning is to revisit my first DE Razor and brush.

Experience and technique provides best shaves. The equipment is not that much important. My humble Timor1322 gave me a perfect shave without any effort.

So, I simply advise to new wet shavers be patient and try to improve your technique. On your first year on wet shaving, do not buy more than 1 or 2 De razors. Just beleive me Stainless Steel or Titanium or other fancy materials does not make anf differences on your technique...

timor1322 ilk.jpeg

Great idea and respect to sticking ARKO AUGUST.
I am waiting your feedback about you first and true Straight Razor (and I confess so curious).

Sunday I will use the same gear I used in the eighties.
I lost the razor many years ago but found an exact duplicate recently.
I still have my first brush and I even have a bottle of aftershave I bought over 35 years ago.
Back then I only used Palmolive sticks, so I will use that as well.

I am very glad to hear that. I will wait impatiently. By the way I'll continue to use my "beginner" razors... Tomorrow it is my second acquired DE Razor's time.
Terre D'Hermes scented soap and splash will accompany to my second DE Razor.
I'll keep my first brush for tomorrows shave.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Poignantly, my Schick injector from the mid-1960s faded from my world decades ago, Yardley lavender shaving soap and aftershave are but memories, and by now my first brush has probably fully composted.

Except for my razor and the coffee mug my Mom gave me to put my soap in, all is gone but I have a Rubber Set brush I can use and I'll put some Cella (started with the Old Williams, really don't like the new Williams) in my Mom's mug. I still use my first razor, a Gillette Slim G-2, still have some Old Spice AS

Poignantly, my Schick injector from the mid-1960s faded from my world decades ago, Yardley lavender shaving soap and aftershave are but memories, and by now my first brush has probably fully composted.

Sad to hear that, I hope you'll be able to find a duplicate one. Any way you are still kindly invited to use your first, second, third or any other beginner equipment. I'll hope this re-visit will make you smile as on your first days on wet shaving.

Except for my razor and the coffee mug my Mom gave me to put my soap in, all is gone but I have a Rubber Set brush I can use and I'll put some Cella (started with the Old Williams, really don't like the new Williams) in my Mom's mug. I still use my first razor, a Gillette Slim G-2, still have some Old Spice AS

This is so precious.
I hope to see a picture of your Gillette Slim G-2, Rubber Set Brush accompanied with the precious coffee mug on this thread.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Sad to hear that, I hope you'll be able to find a duplicate one. Any way you are still kindly invited to use your first, second, third or any other beginner equipment. I'll hope this re-visit will make you smile as on your first days on wet shaving.
It will happen only in memory. I am sort of a minimalist and have one razor, two soaps, two brushes, and two aftershaves and plan not to acquire more non-consumables, no matter how inexpensive they might be.

Many Thanks Sir, sharing such a good memory. This is an example of why we need no expensive, stainless steel or titanium DE Razors. Your reliable Slim still working and in a very good condition.
Many thanks again for sharing.

Tomorrow I'll share my second De Razor and make a confession about my greedyness.

• Love
Reactions: Anu
It will happen only in memory. I am sort of a minimalist and have one razor, two soaps, two brushes, and two aftershaves and plan not to acquire more non-consumables, no matter how inexpensive they might be.

I was acting as a greedy hobbiest but luckly nowadys I started to be settled. But unfortunately I am far away to be a minimalist.

But minimalism is the inner power of a good shaving technique...

Because minimalism give the opportunity to use again and again same or limited choice of equipments which provide a proficiency on these equipments.

You are kindly invited to share a phote of your De Razor and preferred Brush and Soap. Your minimalizm and your only DE Razor makes your high technique and experience unquestionable

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I was acting as a greedy hobbiest but luckly nowadys I started to be settled. But unfortunately I am far away to be a minimalist.

But minimalism is the inner power of a good shaving technique...

Because minimalism give the opportunity to use again and again same or limited choice of equipments which provide a proficiency on these equipments.

You are kindly invited to share a phote of your De Razor and preferred Brush and Soap. Your minimalizm and your only DE Razor makes your high technique and experience unquestionable
You are kind beyond measure. Here is the entirety of my den, although t really does not merit use of the term. It includes an Above the Tie Windsor, currently fitted with the mild copper plate, Martin de Candre Fougere and Agrumes, a Kent BK4, a Simpson Chubby 1 in best, a big jug of 4711, St. John's West Indian lime, and a good supply of Israeli Personnas and Gillette Silver Blues. B

FD757613-480E-49FE-8325-A4B3785E31EE.jpeg

What a lovely setup!!!
On my next coming post I'll share some of my equipments with acquisition order.
One equipoment we have the same looks like Kent brush. Mine is a BLK4. I bought it when I was thinking that I need super soft and backbonless silvertip... Time shows and teachs me that my real need is a Simpson Berkeley 46 Best and a Semogue SOC Two Band Butter Scotch handle.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
What a lovely setup!!!
On my next coming post I'll share some of my equipments with acquisition order.
One equipoment we have the same looks like Kent brush. Mine is a BLK4. I bought it when I was thinking that I need super soft and backbonless silvertip... Time shows and teachs me that my real need is a Simpson Berkeley 46 Best and a Semogue SOC Two Band Butter Scotch handle.
The BLK4 is in my estimation without rival for face lathering when paired with a fine puck of hard soap.

Top Bottom