What's new

Revisiting the Old Type thick cap

I've been shaving with the New Improved for a while now and decided to go back to the Old Type. Everything went right last night, using good old Derby soap puck, and my Semogue 1460. Smooth shave, no irritation, BBS. In the past, it just wasnt for me. To be honest, I got a smoother shave compared to the Improved.

Outstanding Mike. The first time I put an OT to my face I didn't care for it at all. Then over a year later had an occasion to use it again and it was amazing. What a difference a little time makes.

Hi,

Yeah. I gotta get me a Thick Cap some one of these days. My only OT is a Thin, and it is pretty harsh. I gleaned from the OT v New Grudge Match that the Thin can be harsh, and that part varies from unit to unit. But, the Thick seems to be more better, to use a technical term.....;)

Stan

I guess its a good idea to hold on to them, I agree on what Lane said, time does make a difference.

Last edited:
My "Old Type" thick cap is one of my two best shaving DE's, the other being a Slant. My "Old Type" thin cap is my worst shaving razor. It's amazing, to me anyhow, how much difference a very little amount of metal makes.

Hi,

Yeah. I gotta get me a Thick Cap some one of these days. My only OT is a Thin, and it is pretty harsh. I gleaned from the OT v New Grudge Match that the Thin can be harsh, and that part varies from unit to unit. But, the Thick seems to be more better, to use a technical term.....;)

Stan

Actually it's "mo bettah"....:lol1:

Yes, I too think everyone should try an OT (thin or thick, that's a can of worms...). And it's also happened to me that I revisit a razor only to find I like it.

Top Bottom