What's new

Revisiting an Old Friend - Mike Natural Soaps

Thanks for giving the heads up, last time I checked it was out. Just ordered a tub of lavender and the rose and cedarwood

I just used Mike's Rose & Cedarwood and Mike's Wild Honeysuckle recently thanks to this thread. Thanks, @shavefan!
It had been too long since I'd used Mike's. It really was like visiting with an old friend.

I probably have enough shave soap to last a lifetime, but may add some Mike's to my stable after reading this thread.

The Hungarian Lavender sounds interesting. What's the scent strength and staying power on that?

One of my favorite things about wet shaving is coming home for lunch and still smelling the soap emminating from the bathroom.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Mikes Veviter is next for me. I am working on a full tub of MDC Original! So it may be a while.

The Hungarian Lavender sounds interesting. What's the scent strength and staying power on that?

Scent strength is moderate - plainly noticeable but not intense. Staying power's pretty good, though I pair it with WSP True Lavender splash, so maybe I'm not the best person to answer that.

I happily finished a tin of Mike's orange in 2012....since then I tried a bunch of other soaps and forgot about Mike's.

Last year I obtained a tin of Mike's coconut and still use it once and a while.

This past week i ordered another tub of Mike's orange.

I probably can use Mike's everyday and be fine with it.

Definitely worth a try for someone thinking about it.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've ben using Mike's Orange, Cedar, and Black Pepper for week and I love it. Paired with Lucky Tiger after shave it's a great combo for the dry winter months

I just got 12 bars of soap in two different orders on two different days so I guess timing is everything.

I also have five shaving soap scents fro Mike and will reorder for sure. The problem is I have sooooooo many soaps now that I have to use before I reorder the ones I really like.

It is interesting that many threads which help to make a vendor popular are newer threads while something just as good has been there for awhile. This cycle seems to continue. Maybe it’s the pursuit of the perfect shave, which we all know does not exist but we keep trying.

As long as it hasn’t changed it’s very solid and even more thirsty. Use enough water and in a few seconds time it explodes on your brush.

Man, I haven't used Mikes in quite a while! His is a soap that has, for the last few years, gone by underappreciated with the influx of so many new artisans. I'm glad he's stood the test of time and is still making his wonderful soaps with no frills!

Thanks for starting this thread as a reminder of how great Mike's soaps are! I think I'll pick up some Lime for the springtime!

Mike's is my favorite soap, he just doesn't get as much hype with all the new soaps coming out. I'm trying samples of some of the new artisans but so far I haven't tried one that is better than Mike's.

Top Bottom