What's new

Revisiting an old friend, he's changed.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
A few years ago I owned and used a GC 0.68. I liked it very much and said it was 80% of what the Feather AS-D2 was. I got my brother in law one for Christmas a few years ago. Was at his house the other day and brought the GC 0.68 home for a week and lent him my Gillette Heritage.

Shaved with the Gamechanger yesterday and today. There was A LOT more blade feel than I recall. To me it's now nothing like the AS-D2 which as I recall you sometimes weren't sure there was a blade in it. In fact today I pitted it against my rather newly acquired Muhle Rocca. I much prefer the save and the feel of the shave from the Muhle. For me the Muhle is closer and has a little less blade feel which suprised me.

So probably my tastes have changed but if someone were to ask me GC 0.68 vs AS-D2, I'd say save up and pay the (Feather) man. I like my Henson ++ a lot more than the GC. Next year post sabbatical, I'm going to pick up a Feather again. I really longed for the AS-D2 feeling, for me the GC is not it.

I haven't tried a Feather, not into mild razors, but why not get a Tatara Masamune? It's cutting angle should be easier to find and it is negative exposure. The mildest configuration that I have has zero exposure, probably like your Muhle, but feels similar to using the Henson ++. The full Masamune would have basically no blade feel and many people find the range of usable angle better than expected. They have sales every Black Friday.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I haven't tried a Feather, not into mild razors, but why not get a Tatara Masamune?
I have owned the Masamune - Twice. To me there is more blade feel than the Feather, though it will deliver as close a shave as the Rocca with a bit less blade feel. Feather to me is king of the "is there a blade in this thing" razors, but you have to nail the angle more than with most razors. I do like the Masmune and if I were to buy in again, a matching dimpled brush would be on order too.

Top Bottom