What's new

Revisiting a Duke 3 in Best

Ok, just finished up a shave with the Duke, and it was uneventful (I mean that in a good way). This thing is really dense, which I mean as a compliment to the brush. It is more scratchy than my Thater and my Savile Row's but it's not bad. I'm going to use it exclusively for a bit and see how it goes. I was going to use either Tabac or MWF, but I'm trying to conserve the Tabac as I love it and they changed the formula :sad:; MWF is ok, but I do prefer Tabac.

So, I went with a cream that I was recently introduced to by @Steve56 (thanks again, this stuff is awesome). But I can see why the Duke is so lauded for it's performance with hard soaps.

Anyway, just wanted to post an update and thank everyone for the excellent advice.

View attachment 1601625
Tell us about the shaving cream you referenced

It’s Santa Maria Novella, Link, it’s expensive, and it’s really good. I especially like the post shave feel it provides. It has a cooling effect on the skin, and it just performs incredibly well. As far as creams go, it’s among the best I’ve used. IMHO, you get what you pay for with this one.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
It’s one of the few soaps that I use when testing straight razor edges. If there are any ‘problems’, I know that the soap didn’t contribute. I always get a good shave with it.

It is pricey, but it’s also a 220ml tub, which is about twice what you get with other creams.

Top Bottom