What's new

Revisited Lupo 72

When I started using DE razors back in January. I used the Lupo one morning in the shower, this was not my normal routine but I was running behind. Needless to say, left myself with bad razor burn. At this point I put it away and never returned to it. The Lupo always appealed to my eye and felt good in the hand. Have managed to accumulate many other razors since then that I truly enjoy so it stayed on the shelf in the safe until today (PTSD). My face didn't love razors with positive blade exposure early on. My technique has improved and have been using my Nodachi recently with great success. This had me get the Lupo out for a try. I'm glad I did.

Paired it with an Astra SP and pulled a 3 pass shave. The end result was a very comfortable irritation free shave. Not as close as some of the other razors I own but a very good shave all in all. The Lupo stainless in my opinion, at the price point is a very tough razor to beat.

IMG_7350 (1).jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Nice. I took a look at the razors you've added to your list in another thread. You have assembled some very nice razors. I know next to nothing about DE razors but based on the reading I've done, great choices all. I just got two DE razors recently... Vintage British Gillettes... the Flat Bottom Tech.. and just yesterday, the 1933 NEW Raised Flat Bottom. I'm trying that one later today.

I've been using an AC Claymore Evolution since Feb. 18th.. so DEs are a new venture for me.

Nice. I took a look at the razors you've added to your list in another thread. You have assembled some very nice razors. I know next to nothing about DE razors but based on the reading I've done, great choices all. I just got two DE razors recently... Vintage British Gillettes... the Flat Bottom Tech.. and just yesterday, the 1933 NEW Raised Flat Bottom. I'm trying that one later today.

I've been using an AC Claymore Evolution since Feb. 18th.. so DEs are a new venture for me.
I have used a brush, bowl and traditional shave soap for 20 years but always used cartridge razors. A friend gifted me three razors earlier this year one being the Lupo. The DE razors I found to be more comfortable and gave me closer shaves than cartridges. I could never shave against the grain with cartridges. They always left me with irritation.

I also tend to get sucked in and obsessed with new hobbies. Also have a strong affection for things of high craftsmanship and quality. Combine these two with some disposable income and bang the shave den goes 0 to 60mph in no time flat. It doesn't help that my wife switched to DE razor and helps foster my affliction.

The next thing on my list is to try a razor like the Claymore.

The Lupo is a nice shaver, but I found the 95 smoother and less irritating than the 72 for some reason. Glad you had a good shave with yours. Shout out to your Zingari Man soap and aftershave.....excellent stuff. I'm loving their Master soap and balm at the moment.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have used a brush, bowl and traditional shave soap for 20 years but always used cartridge razors. A friend gifted me three razors earlier this year one being the Lupo. The DE razors I found to be more comfortable and gave me closer shaves than cartridges. I could never shave against the grain with cartridges. They always left me with irritation.

I also tend to get sucked in and obsessed with new hobbies. Also have a strong affection for things of high craftsmanship and quality. Combine these two with some disposable income and bang the shave den goes 0 to 60mph in no time flat. It doesn't help that my wife switched to DE razor and helps foster my affliction.

The next thing on my list is to try a razor like the Claymore.
You'll have to pick up a Claymore Evo or a Vector for SEptember... single edge razor month. I think there are more Vector users here than those of us who use the Claymore Evo. The Executive Shaving Company has lots of great products in addition to the Claymore Evo. I've purchased quite a few soaps from them, a great synth brush, i.e., their Ultimate... what a great brush handle.

I'm one of those who gets drawn in to my hobbies deeply as well. I showed up here with just that Ultimate G4 brush and now have 23 wonderful brushes. ;)

I really have been leaning towards a Vector. Or one of the SE from Stando. Have two of his razors and love them. I'll have to check out the ATT one.
I have the ATT SE1 as well as a General v2…..love them both. I have heard the Vector doesn’t work with the Proline blades and that is my blade of choice so it keeps me from purchasing the Vector.

Another great shave from the Lupo today. I remembered I had a Timeless titanium handle and put that with the Lupo head. The handle is very ergonomic and changed the feel of the razor greatly. For the good that is. Used a 7 o'clock black today and the final result was much closer than the first attempt.

IMG_7358.jpg

When I started using DE razors back in January. I used the Lupo one morning in the shower, this was not my normal routine but I was running behind. Needless to say, left myself with bad razor burn. At this point I put it away and never returned to it. The Lupo always appealed to my eye and felt good in the hand. Have managed to accumulate many other razors since then that I truly enjoy so it stayed on the shelf in the safe until today (PTSD). My face didn't love razors with positive blade exposure early on. My technique has improved and have been using my Nodachi recently with great success. This had me get the Lupo out for a try. I'm glad I did.

Paired it with an Astra SP and pulled a 3 pass shave. The end result was a very comfortable irritation free shave. Not as close as some of the other razors I own but a very good shave all in all. The Lupo stainless in my opinion, at the price point is a very tough razor to beat.

View attachment 1508172

Thanks for sharing!!

Sometimes the biggest change is improvement in the user! :thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom