What's new

Review : TATARA - Masamune - Closed Comb

I've been using the Nodachi (masamune handle) for a couple of weeks now, fantastic razor! Only 'problem' I have is that the shaves are so close, it takes 36+ hours before I can have a great shave again.. While I could shave every other day, I enjoy my daily shave too much.

I was wondering whether you've tried combining the Masamune baseplate with the Nodachi top cap combination? Going from a positive to neutral exposer might give me a better daily shaver.

I've been using the Nodachi (masamune handle) for a couple of weeks now, fantastic razor! Only 'problem' I have is that the shaves are so close, it takes 36+ hours before I can have a great shave again.. While I could shave every other day, I enjoy my daily shave too much.

Such a great problem to have.

The full Masamune is fine for daily shaves for me anyway but it sounds like you'd prefer the additional exposure with the Nodachi cap.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I would appreciate your help with this problem I have.

I can't for the life of me figure out which combination of baseplate and top cap is right for me, based on the charts at Tatara's website.

My normal daily driver is a Charcoal Goods level 3, so I can take a fair amount of punishment...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Nodachi baseplate and cap sounds about right for you. Still going to be less blade than your CG level 3.
That is fine. I don't chase blade feel, but efficiency is important. If you can get a smooth 36 hours it sounds promising I

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom