What's new

Review - Swedish Swing SB

A few days ago I accidentally found one while I was looking around the bay for a few specific razors. It's in very good condition or at least that's what I saw from the pictures, but since it's a brass razor I have nothing to worry about. Once it arrives I will post some pictures and share my thoughts on how it performs.
Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Guido

Nice write up. The Swing is the best vintage razor head I’ve ever used. And I have tried many. . .
Thanks! I saw other razors from that era ending up with similar designs. It is definitely punching above its weight and can give my more expensive razors a true run for their money!

Do you also have experience with the OC version?

Cheers,

Guido

Thanks! I saw other razors from that era ending up with similar designs. It is definitely punching above its weight and can give my more expensive razors a true run for their money!

Do you also have experience with the OC version?

Cheers,

Guido
No, I've not been lucky enough to run into the OC version yet, but would love to try it someday.

Awesome write-up, thanks for sharing!

I stumbled upon it as I have my own Swing inbound with the gorgeous bakelite handle - YAY :001_wub:
Most welcome Peter! They are truly awesome. And in your part of the woods a little easier to get by. The Matador even more so.

But the Swing is one of those razors to which “if I had started with this one” very much applies.

Guido

Thank you very much sir! And a great follow up question. Excuse my photographic skills as they are limited with my Ice Age iPhone, but here are the Swing and Flatboy side by side:

and side by side in close up:

so there is (more) blade curvature with the Swing compared to the Flatboy. And yes, I like the rounded-ness of the Swing - almost art deco kind of look and feel to it.

Cheers and thanks for your feedback!

Guido.
Who makes this handle’s

Top Bottom