What's new

REVIEW - Saint Charles Shave - Tony's Choice Aftershave

full

First off... let me say - kudos for Sue switching to a more suitable container for her aftershave balm. This is MUCH easier to use than the aluminum canisters she was using in the past, and it is also handy to see how much product you have left.

As you can see, I have used a decent portion of the bottle, and I have given this product a pretty good go. I had tried/reviewed Sue's products in the past, and did not like them - so I decided to give them one more go. Some of the products (reviews to be posted in the near future) were better than my initial experience, however this was not one of them.

I must earnestly say, I do not like it. It has a nice chocolate/mint scent to it... but after that - it really does not have much to be offered. It did not seem to reduce irritation, moisturize, soothe, etc. For me at least - it did not really seem to work... at all, and left my skin feeling greasy and oily, and then mid day, my skin would be quite dry. One way I test a/s balms/creams, is I try to use them as a hand lotion, to test their soothing/moisturizing properties, and this product did not hold up very well. My hands would quickly dry out, and the product would wear off quite quickly. I PERSONALLY find Nivea balm to be more efficacious than the Tony's. This product just didn't do it for me.

Rating Scale – Each Quality from 0-2 (2 being best)

Price – 1
Ability to Reduce Razor Burn/Irritaiton – 0
Scent– 2
Efficacy – 0
Moisturizing properties – 0

Total – 3 out of 10

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used this product on and off for a couple of weeks now and my dissent is not as great as Joel's. I find it does have some soothing/astringent qualities, but where it does not satisfy me is I find the scent to be too staying (if it were more mint and less mint chocolate, I wouldn't mind) and where I agree with Joel is it falls a bit short in moisturization. Less scent or less chocolate scent with the moisturization properties of an aftershave lotion would make this an A product. Right now I give it a B or B-. Above average, but not spectacular. It is very well priced though, I might add.

Top Bottom