What's new

Review - Proraso's Single Blade Azur Lime Cologne

I'm a big fan of Proraso's "green" aftershave and was looking forward to trying the Azur Lime cologne from the Single Blade collection they launched last year. It has generally positive reviews from the usual collection of online sellers and as one would expect from the name most often described as being citrus based.

I changed employers over the new year and one of the nice differences is there's no formal ban on wearing scents provided it "isn't distracting" (yes, that's the actual wording in the employee handbook) so thought it would be an excellent time to the new cologne.

After this morning's ablutions I gave myself a light spritzing and yes the first thing you get is a fairly heady shot of citrus, for my nose specifically Kaffir Lime. Its bold but if you like lime certainly not unpleasant. It is alcohol based so the drydown is quick and once the citrusy bite subsides it settles into subtle notes of cedar and musk. Similar to their "green" aftershave the Azur Lime has a fairly mild sillage.

It strikes me as a very flexible cologne that shouldn't be branded as a specifically daytime, nighttime or seasonal scent. If you're someone who travels and space is a consideration this would be a good choice as something that could be worn comfortably in any environment.

proxy.php

I do find the description on the bottle somewhat amusing "An intense freshness of lemon & orange, enriched by mint leaves". Odd there's no mention of lime.

Thanks for the review, my wife purchased this for me last October for my birthday as an everyday cologne and I have been very pleased with it. My nose isn't sensitive enough to describe the scent as well as you have but I do notice the refreshing citrus blast when you first apply it. How do you apply it? I ask because I think I read here somewhere that you are not supposed to spray it directly on the skin. Rather spray it into your hands and then rub in. After reading this I checked the Proraso site and sure enough that is what they say for this cologne, I don't know what difference it makes as I applied it by just spraying for the first month and then switched to spraying on my hands and rubbing in as directed by the manufacturer. If anyone can chime in on what is the best approach and why they say not to spray directly on the skin, I'd love to hear from them.

Welcome, and thanks for reading/commenting.

I just spray it on my face. Sort of took for granted that if it has an atomizer its meant to be spritzed directly on oneself...who knew. But yes, now I'm curious as to the suggested application.

I don't wear cologne often but when I spray once on my chest and once on the inside of one wrist. Then I rub the wrists together gently.

So they made a spray bottle and then tell you just to spray it on your hands? Why not just make it a splash on, which would be a little less expensive anyway?)

I'm very intrigued by this and will probably get it to try since the price is reasonable. But where are you seeing that you spray it on your hands?

Here's what I saw from Proraso's suggested use on the product description: "Spray on neck and/or pulse points as needed, or as the perfect finishing touch to your grooming ritual."

This is a cologne not an aftershave, right? That means we should not put it on our face after shaving because it would cause irritation. If that's the case, then any cologne or EDT should be sprayed behind each ear near the neck and it should be fine. Or collar bone area on the chest.

I don't really detect any citrus, especially lime. The fact the packaging is blue and the name is Azur. It's fresh, not full on aquatic, but I won't be buying it again.

I just picked some up, I get lime and Vetiver as the top notes, and as not much a fan of Vetiver, this I actually like this scent, it grew on me quickly; I didn't truly test the staying power as I did two light spritzes on my chest in fear of it being too powerful the first time through; will apply with my hands a bit more next time.

Seems like it will be a good go to spring-summer scent. Not sure it will replace my other "low rent" spring/summer scent, Body Shop Kistna, but I like it enough to alternate.

Top Bottom