What's new

Review : Proraso Red

Received my bottle in the mail yesterday and naturally i had to try it after my very next shave.

The only other Proraso aftershave i have is the Green one, and i like it a lot. The one thing i find slightly dissapointing is thay the scent doesn’t linger as long as i would like, but that is a very minor issue. It is fantastic otherwise - leaves my skin feeling cooler and smoother than a margarita on a July day in Jamaica.

I found Prorosa Red to be a different animal altogether. For starters, I thought the burn was stronger than Proraso Green. Secondly, It doesn’t have the same coolness to it, but the scent does linger longer.Not Aquva Velva Ice Blue or Skin Bracer-ish longer, but still long enough to feel the slightest scent even when i came home from work in the evening. Also, this is the first time i’ve used a Sandalwood shaving product, aftershave or otherwise, and i loved the scent. The moment i put it on, it took me instantly back to my childish as something that i had experienced before but I couldn’t exactly remember when or how. A few hours later it finally hit me that i have a sandalwood cologne in my closet that i use on special occasions that smells exactly like this, and itnwas gifted to me by my father on my 14th Birthday 20 years ago!

Talk about a coincidence. I had experienced sandalwood before without even realizing.

Anyway, I’ve just joined the large list of Proraso Red admirers. I never use the same afterahave twice in a week, but I’m tempted to use it again tomorrow.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I have not tried this product yet. I am a fan of Proraso so I will look into getting a bottle in the near future.

I actually prefer an AS that fades by the afternoon. I can love a scent for the first few hours, but I slowly get sick of it. Sick as in eye irritation and mild nausea. One of the reasons I like the Poraso and the CC lines is that they fade before I'm tired of them. Also the reason I can't use ANY of the Pinaud or Mr. Fine products. Floid is the only one so far that hangs around for most of the day but doesn't trigger the reaction.

Received my bottle in the mail yesterday and naturally i had to try it after my very next shave.

The only other Proraso aftershave i have is the Green one, and i like it a lot. The one thing i find slightly dissapointing is thay the scent doesn’t linger as long as i would like, but that is a very minor issue. It is fantastic otherwise - leaves my skin feeling cooler and smoother than a margarita on a July day in Jamaica.

I found Prorosa Red to be a different animal altogether. For starters, I thought the burn was stronger than Proraso Green. Secondly, It doesn’t have the same coolness to it, but the scent does linger longer.Not Aquva Velva Ice Blue or Skin Bracer-ish longer, but still long enough to feel the slightest scent even when i came home from work in the evening. Also, this is the first time i’ve used a Sandalwood shaving product, aftershave or otherwise, and i loved the scent. The moment i put it on, it took me instantly back to my childish as something that i had experienced before but I couldn’t exactly remember when or how. A few hours later it finally hit me that i have a sandalwood cologne in my closet that i use on special occasions that smells exactly like this, and itnwas gifted to me by my father on my 14th Birthday 20 years ago!

Talk about a coincidence. I had experienced sandalwood before without even realizing.

Anyway, I’ve just joined the large list of Proraso Red admirers. I never use the same afterahave twice in a week, but I’m tempted to use it again tomorrow.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice review!

always enjoy proraso sandalwood aftershave!!

proraso reds.jpg

Proraso Red AS is new to me also. It's a nice change from just the Green and then one Italian Barber splash I have (Evil Eye). People have said that this one has a very soothing touch. I also suffer from the "AS in eyes" at times :c17: .

Top Bottom