What's new

Review: Pitralon Classic (Germany)

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Goodness me! Placed order Saturday .Received it today .knock me over with a feather

I only smelled the polar so far and it seems terrific out of the bottle .Not like aqua velva at all (was my fear buying smell in smelled) it's not powdery at all to my nose .

Goodness me! Placed order Saturday .Received it today .knock me over with a feather

I only smelled the polar so far and it seems terrific out of the bottle .Not like aqua velva at all (was my fear buying smell in smelled) it's not powdery at all to my nose .
It's the best Did you get the blue or anything else?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
It's the best Did you get the blue or anything else?
Blue / polar.

And the German flavor. Still tucked away in brief case .didnt get to inspect / snuff it yet .ship to office .hiding from SO.
Yes I'm lame.

You are right about the bottle .very cool. Hefty and art deco .Plus there seems to be a popping sound when I unscrew it like its a vacuum seal or something .

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So good, it's worth splashing on every time you walk by the bathroom.

I've thought about it and Pitralon is more like Aqua di Selva than Agua Brava. With a hint of Pino Sylvestre, of course.

AA

Yeah I noticed that too about the bottle. I get a similar effect from Speick too, I think it's some notch in the glass interacting with the plastic top maybe? Great pickups on the sale!

You are right about the bottle .very cool. Hefty and art deco .Plus there seems to be a popping sound when I unscrew it like its a vacuum seal or something .

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I got to give the classic version a go today .Very nice. No complaints no issues .Acceptable mild burn .nice soothing feel. The scent us clean crisp and delightful. I used 3 good sized handfuls but the scent was mild .it didn't linger an hour.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Like most, it doesn't linger, but it's great to make its acquaintance!

Notice when you open the bottle, it takes 2-3 extra cap turns to get past that no-leak feature. You can travel with this, IMO.

AA

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Like most, it doesn't linger, but it's great to make its acquaintance!

Notice when you open the bottle, it takes 2-3 extra cap turns to get past that no-leak feature. You can travel with this, IMO.

AA
i like the bottle and cap too

I used the polar the other day and another hit on that one. the scent isn't overpowering and doesn't last very long but its a great AS. very nice clean scent - no powder scent at all which I love! my concern was that it would be a "blue" as like aquva velva which I do not like at all.

so all + here
polar and classic or german.
excellent

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I matched this with Polo green the other day. Went well. Piny.

Though A di S and the other EdCs I mentioned above work, too.

AA

i like the bottle and cap too

I used the polar the other day and another hit on that one. the scent isn't overpowering and doesn't last very long but its a great AS. very nice clean scent - no powder scent at all which I love! my concern was that it would be a "blue" as like aquva velva which I do not like at all.

so all + here
polar and classic or german.
excellent

Thanks for the description @Rhody. Pushed me over the edge. Blue is on order. Glad there's no powder. All that does is make me sneeze.

I just tried this for the first time today. Love it. I agree that the term "Classic" is a wonderful term for this product.

Tried it yesterday and today. The scent profile needs some getting used to it's kind of old man type because of the cedar and pine notes. So it basically goes well with tabac. (the only thing that is OK with Tabac besides Tabac)
The menthol in there is awesome, and this is the only AS that left my face absolutely dry after the alcohol (which is very high in this one) dries off. No greasy sticky feeling.
Love the performance. Scent? Maybe it will grow on me. I'll keep using it just for the performance alone.

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

All my aftershaves are of the barbershop variety, EXCEPT Pitrilon Classic. It is the only higher priced aftershave I use (tried several from pifs) and it is my Sunday and special occasion a/s. On me the scent lasts a 1/2 day and the Mrs. likes it as well, although her favorite is Pinaud Gent’s Gin which is also cedary.

The Classic is my favorite. It had more cedar oil in it back in 2011 before a slight reformulation.

I have a bottle of the old stuff and I did detect a slight difference when comparing to a new bottle. I could not figure out what the difference was, but it seemed like something was missing in the new bottle. The older one seemed to have just slightly more depth. Cedar oil makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom