What's new

Review: PannaCrema - Nuàvia - Rossa

Excellent!!!!

Doing a shave today of Nuàvia - Rossa .

This soap, thankfully, is another winner in my rotation collection (5th so far in a row :ouch1: ).

Keeping my reviews short and focusing on what matters to me and stands out.

So far this soap has being the quickest and least thirty soap. I thought I went from being Flash Gordon to the Flash with superpowers. Got a wonderful thunderbolt cloud consistency in the lather within like 60 seconds - so rich and powerful.

Since its a cream in a glass container, I use a 1.25ml or 1/4 teaspoon measuring cup [I like using it for my creams since its so small and fits in by bowl and does not require leaving soap cream out to dry].

The instructions say 3g soap to 7g of water. I just guessed using the measuring cup and did a 1:3 soap to h2o ratio [1/4 teaspoon : 3/4 H2O]. Bam! Great lather. Plus side. this has been the biggest lather I have formed so far. I just wanted to sleep on it but sadly my hair got that pleasure today. The other wonderful observation was how the cream just dissolves in the water like if your dropping food coloring into a large glass of water. Its so slick when when cutting with the razor it simply just clings the hair so well before the lightening bolts away with the power of the razor. Post shave is on par with my other favorites so far. I love Nuavia so much I have the scents in Verde and Bleu as well [I am not at all into scents so that says a lot in my book].

The craftsmanship is simply superb all around. I got word from the company there might be an aftershave [w/o alcohol] coming in the next few months. Really like the simplicity of the product.

Going to steal this list from Ariana and Evens store (albeit I have not tried their soap):
  • Affordability (pricey but worth it for all of the below)
  • Ease of use
  • Creaminess
  • Density of lather
  • Slickness
  • Residual slickness
  • Cushion/ protection
  • Longevity of lather
  • Moisturizing
  • Great post shave (hours after the shave)

Ratings to date (in order of personal admiration)
1) Eufros, Los Jabones de Joserra, PannaCrema Nuàvia
2) AdP
3) SMN

_20200624_065441.JPG

_20200624_065704.JPG

is it less expensive in glass than the ceramic?
They do not offer the ceramic anymore. It was a bit more not 100% but was about 60 bucks vs 42 or so?
I was able to get a ceramic green and was so happy. It is beside the most important great soap the ceramic container complements this so well.
I was turned away a few years back about the price. But had I know they were discontinuing the ceramic I would have bought all 4. I cherish my green one.

is it less expensive in glass than the ceramic?
I just compared prices at Connaught (even though the ceramic jars are out of stock) and the prices are the same by volume. The ceramic bowls are 200ml while the glass jars are smaller at 160ml. I think the ceramic bowl was part of the attraction for some people.

I just compared prices at Connaught (even though the ceramic jars are out of stock) and the prices are the same by volume. The ceramic bowls are 200ml while the glass jars are smaller at 160ml. I think the ceramic bowl was part of the attraction for some people.
Thanks for checking. The soap is the biggest attraction I would say but the bowl takes it over the top!! POW!!

Thanks for checking. The soap is the biggest attraction I would say but the bowl takes it over the top!! POW!!
You're welcome. I haven't tried the soap myself, but I don't recall too many unfavorable posts regarding the performance or scent. I agree with you regarding the soap should be the star of the show, but I would definitely choose the ceramic bowl over the glass jar if the price per ounce of soap was the same.

Top Bottom