What's new

Review of the Yaqi Moka Express (24mm Mew Brown knot)

Yes and maybe not. Same fibers but I've read APShaveCo get custom denser knots from Yaqi. It may be true or not, i'm not sure.
I knew that Yaqi was the supplier for AP, but indeed Andrew's knots seem denser. So probably it could be true.

Thanks man.

I have both the 24mm synth and the 26mm two-band - and the Synth blows the badger brush (pardon the pun) out of the water performance wise. I have owned both for about 18 months, and I use the synth nearly every day.
I owned both, but sold the 24 mm mew brown synthetic and still use the 26 mm two band badger. I still own 3 other Yaqi synths, all of which I preferred to the mew brown: the Rainbrow Brown, Mink and Sagrada Familia Tuxedo. Of those three, I would be hard pressed to pick one over the others. I haven't tried their Timberwolf knot (yet).

thanks I ordered the Timberwolf too!

looks like I won’t be getting my brushes anytime soon:

”Dear buyer, sorry for the inconvenience. Orders should be placed the day after they are placed. But because of the outbreak in Shijiazhuang, no one has been allowed to leave their homes. We're locked in and we can't work properly. We are not sure when we can deliver the goods. We are waiting to hear from the government. I will deliver the goods as soon as we start work. Could you extend the delivery by 20 days? Of course, if you don't want to wait, please cancel the order.”

”Dear buyer, sorry for the inconvenience. Orders should be placed the day after they are placed. But because of the outbreak in Shijiazhuang, no one has been allowed to leave their homes. We're locked in and we can't work properly. We are not sure when we can deliver the goods. We are waiting to hear from the government. I will deliver the goods as soon as we start work. Could you extend the delivery by 20 days? Of course, if you don't want to wait, please cancel the order.”

I emailed Yaqi Australia about this actually. They’re going to be in lockdown at least another week, (in Shijiazhuang) according to the email. They went on to say that they asked Yaqi on AliExpress to add a note about this but looks like they haven’t done it.

I’m looking forward to my silvertip badger from them being shipped at the very least :p

Last edited:
Got the same message today regarding some brushes I ordered a couple weeks ago. I'll wait.

I did just order a synthetic Moka Express today, but not from Yaqi, rather from Texas. After reading the posts about it here, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm using Yaqi synthetics almost exclusively now & can't wait for this one to get here.

I emailed Yaqi Australia about this actually. They’re going to be in lockdown at least another week, (in Shijiazhuang) according to the email. They went on to say that they asked Yaqi on AliExpress to add a note about this but looks like they haven’t done it.

I’m looking forward to my silvertip badger from them being shipped at the very least :p

they issued a refund to my credit card so I guess they decided to cancel the order.

they issued a refund to my credit card so I guess they decided to cancel the order.
Ah, yeah, the offered me a refund too or an extension to the shipping time. I asked for the extension and considering things take a while to get here from over there, it felt it was worth the wait :)

Ah, yeah, the offered me a refund too or an extension to the shipping time. I asked for the extension and considering things take a while to get here from over there, it felt it was worth the wait :)

I did they same but looks like they decided to issue a refund.

Does this brush have enough back bone to lather from hard pucks while also having soft enough tips to face lather some what sensitive skin? And is it scritchy at all like badger?

Cheers

Does this brush have enough back bone to lather from hard pucks while also having soft enough tips to face lather some what sensitive skin? And is it scritchy at all like badger?

Cheers
Absolutely zero scritch. Yes it has enough backbone for hard soaps... particularly due to the fact that synthetics need a fraction of the amount of product naturals do.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I haven’t checked lately but west coast Shave carries some models I think I got the moka from WCs with no shipping issues. It’s a great brush.

I just got mine in the mail, but was horrified when I saw it didn't fit in my stand! Does anyone have a stand that fits it or know which one to get? I would like to be able to hang it in the rounded part in the middle, if possible :)

You'll love the RazoRock Hive 24mm Mokasoft (beehive) HD (High Density) synthetic and the knot looks very similar and very close to a SynBad bulb synthetic knot.

RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic Shaving Brush – ItalianBarber - https://www.italianbarber.com/products/razorock-hive-24-mokasoft-hd-synthetic-shaving-brush
I hope you're right about that! I had received an email from Italian Barber about that brush and was considering it, but after your comments I figured for $15 I couldn't go wrong. They also had their halo stainless steel razor on sale, so I quickly bought them both before allowing myself to reconsider (since I really don't need either the brush or the razor handle).

Top Bottom