dfoulk (shaving)
RSP1
Heron
Feather-man
paintflinger
Sullybob
ShaverGN
JeffBr
<your name goes here> (Please reach out if you meet the qualifications in post #24 and would like to have your name added.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member added.

OneBlade U.S. Tour
Komboloi
dfoulk (shaving)
RSP1
Heron
Feather-man
paintflinger
Sullybob
ShaverGN
JeffBr
intotheforge
<your name goes here> (Please reach out if you meet the qualifications in post #24 and would like to have your name added.)

Members added.

OneBlade U.S. Tour
Komboloi
dfoulk (shaving)
RSP1
Heron
Feather-man
paintflinger
Sullybob
ShaverGN
JeffBr
intotheforge
Haggises
alabamalawyer

I sent the razor to RSP1 yesterday and it should arrive to him on Friday. I've had it long enough to form an adequate opinion about it so no sense in keeping it any longer. I'll try to share some final thoughts about the razor tomorrow or Friday.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this.

I sent the razor to RSP1 yesterday and it should arrive to him on Friday. I've had it long enough to form an adequate opinion about it so no sense in keeping it any longer. I'll try to share some final thoughts about the razor tomorrow or Friday.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this.

Looking forward to your thoughts and also receiving the razor.

Member added.

OneBlade U.S. Tour
Komboloi
dfoulk
RSP1 (shaving)
Heron
Feather-man
paintflinger
Sullybob
ShaverGN
JeffBr
intotheforge
Haggises
alabamalawyer
jazzguy

All said and done I used the razor for about a dozen shaves utilizing two of the Feather blades. The blades did deteriorate noticeably with each shave. The manufacturer recommends that you use a new blade every shave and will gladly sell them to you at their inflated prices. I believe that this would have improved the shaves but in doing this at a buck a day I'm back to cart like prices again. Not that I haven't far exceeded that with other shaving purchases but I'd like to at least have the illusion that I could save money by using my expensive gear with lower cost blades. I apparently don't mind forking over lots of cash for a high end razor as long as the blades for it are dirt cheap or at least last a long time.

I really enjoyed using this razor. I'd likely buy one if it and the blades were offered for a more reasonable price. Cost doesn't usually stop me from buying an item I want but the proprietary blade thing in addition to the higher razor cost of the razor makes it a no go for me.

I do like the pivoting action of the razor but I also wasn't a big fan of the handle. Using some of the ultra slick soaps that I really like made the handle a bit slick as it lacks any kind of a gripped surface. The open sides did help to keep a hold of it but I suspect that the handle design was more of a form over function decision.

The learning curve on this razor was non existent as it required very little skill to shave with. An truly excellent razor for someone coming right off of carts or someone that lacks the skill or desire to master a non pivoting de or se razor. I suspect that this may be their target market. If I hadn't got to the point that I'm at with these razors the One Blade would be an outstanding choice and I might be a customer for life.

I look forward to hearing everyone else's thoughts.

Very well done, concise and to the point @dfoulk. I share many of the same sentiments with you concerning the market target, and more specifically the blade availability and proprietary to OneBlade. It is a great razor, that needs no learning curve, at least very minimal. Nice, unbiased write up. Good stuff....:thumbup1:

Hey guys - I've had two shaves with the OneBlade now. Both with a feather blade. The first one was Friday morning and it was a really good shave for the first shave with a new razor. Like many have said previously, there really is no learning curve with this. I was one of the group that got a defective OneBlade and the shaves were horrible. This is completely different than that. I have sensitive skin and a very coarse beard so I'm a two pass kind of guy and don't push past that. The first shave with the feather was awesome - the second not so much. I put a new blade in part way through and the results were great again. Next shave will be with a de-spined Gem. Since I am someone who got one of the smiling OneBlade razors and am trying this one now feel free to ask any questions.

Member added.

OneBlade U.S. Tour
Komboloi
dfoulk
RSP1 (shaving)
Heron
Feather-man
paintflinger
Sullybob
ShaverGN
JeffBr
intotheforge
Haggises
alabamalawyer
jazzguy
BigJoe

I'll be finishing up with this over the weekend and send the razor on its way. I've used it enough to get a decent feel for it so I can start to put some thoughts together. THIS is what I was hoping to get when I bought the OneBlade last year - not what I got that smiled back at me when I loaded a feather blade. When I got that razor it took me four passes to get a decent shave and I still needed cleanup afterwards. In comparison, my ATT SE1 was giving me great shaves with one pass and cleanup. This OneBlade is giving me great shaves in two passes, both with a feather and Gem. They've been nothing but smooth and effortless. I do find I like the Gem better than the feather - maybe a tie for the feather's first shave, but then the Gem dominates. I have had zero irritation since using the OneBlade, and I do have a very coarse and curly beard with sensitive skin. I've been searching for something that doesn't cut quite as close as all the razors I've used in the past, and this is doing the trick. Since that is the case I can feel stubble much sooner after shaving than with my other razors, but that's the trade off. I'm going to enjoy another shave or two and send it to Heron (will you pm me your address please). Michael - thank you for your generosity with these tours you sponsor. Without trying this one I would've always had a sour taste in my mouth for the OneBlade. Now I can say the razor itself is great, and only the company is terrible.

I'll be finishing up with this over the weekend and send the razor on its way. I've used it enough to get a decent feel for it so I can start to put some thoughts together. THIS is what I was hoping to get when I bought the OneBlade last year - not what I got that smiled back at me when I loaded a feather blade. When I got that razor it took me four passes to get a decent shave and I still needed cleanup afterwards. In comparison, my ATT SE1 was giving me great shaves with one pass and cleanup. This OneBlade is giving me great shaves in two passes, both with a feather and Gem. They've been nothing but smooth and effortless. I do find I like the Gem better than the feather - maybe a tie for the feather's first shave, but then the Gem dominates. I have had zero irritation since using the OneBlade, and I do have a very coarse and curly beard with sensitive skin. I've been searching for something that doesn't cut quite as close as all the razors I've used in the past, and this is doing the trick. Since that is the case I can feel stubble much sooner after shaving than with my other razors, but that's the trade off. I'm going to enjoy another shave or two and send it to Heron (will you pm me your address please). Michael - thank you for your generosity with these tours you sponsor. Without trying this one I would've always had a sour taste in my mouth for the OneBlade. Now I can say the razor itself is great, and only the company is terrible.

Nice write up. True, nice razor just a not so nice business practice.

The razor is en route to Utah, and should arrive Wednesday. The last couple of shaves I tried to concentrate more on the blades since I had already decided I really like this razor. After much scrutiny I do believe the Feather blade is better than the Gem on the first shave. After that it's no comparison - the Gem is a better blade. Using a blade for one shave and then trashing it doesn't appeal to me. If the blades were a dime a pop I think the Feather would be the easy top choice, but costing what the blades do I think it would be the Gem for me all the way were I ever to own a OneBlade. I really enjoyed my time with this razor, and I can see why some people love their OneBlade. I do not like the company, however, and don't see myself ever buying anything from them direct. Thanks again to Michael for providing the opportunity for all of us to give these razors a go that we never would have had the chance to do.

Well, I dropped off the razor and it's due at Feather-man's place on Wednesday or Thursday. He and poonjaji have the tracking info.
I don't have much to say about the OneBlade that hasn't already been said. It's a good razor but there's no way I'd pay $400 for one. I preferred the Feather blade over the GEM but I did notice that it wasn't nearly as good the second day. At more than $.50 per blade, that's a big deal. I'll stick to my DEs.
Thank you, Michael, for the opportunity to try it out!

Member added.

OneBlade U.S. Tour
Komboloi
dfoulk
RSP1
Heron
Feather-man (shaving)
paintflinger
Sullybob
ShaverGN
JeffBr
intotheforge
Haggises
alabamalawyer
jazzguy
BigJoe
jbake37

OneBlade user report.

Shave one, Feather FHS-10.
I had 4 days growth ready and waiting for the OneBlade. The razor sliced through this thicket of whiskers without skipping a beat, the OneBlade will not clog. I did get two weepers while going against the grain on the chin which I will attribute to a glitch on my part, but they were minor. A satisfying close shave was achieved without really trying. Nice.

Shave two, Feather FHS-10
Maybe there is a tiny learning curve because this shave was even smoother. No weepers, just a relaxed and efficient mild shave. The OneBlade is not silent, hurray! It makes a pleasant low key cutting sound.

Shave three, Feather FHS-10
Went well once again, a few tiny weepers, a bit of irritation.

Shave four, Feather FHS-10
Continues to give an effortless, quality shave, some minor irritation. This is not a complaint, the irritation is very minor and merely noted, not a concern to me. I would simply change the blade before shave 4 for my usage.

Summation:

I can see why Feather would want to be associated with OneBlade. Photographs don't do this razor justice, this is a beautiful shaving instrument with first rate manufacturing. This is an upscale application for what I would guess was a sleepy product in the Feather blade line-up that is now moving off the shelves in better numbers than in a long while.

The OneBlade razor, for its intended market, hits the bullseye. This razor gives a mild yet close shave that's conceivably impossible to goof up in any meaningful way.

Note: I did not try the Gem blade with this razor since it is not intended for it and my time with the razor was limited.

Pros
Outstanding build quality
Lamborghini styling
Effortless good shave every time
Pride of ownership.

Cons
Handle can be slippery when wet, could be easily remedied by adding texture in places.
Short blade life if you want the primo experience.
Tilt mechanism operation requires that you use more pressure than what may be ideal for wet shaving or at least what you are accustomed to as a wet shaver using traditional tools.

Top Bottom