What's new

Review of equinox shavette after using it for months.

04|product|2020-04-06|01.jpg

04|product|2020-04-06|03.jpg

04|product|2020-04-06|04.jpg

Somehow, this is better built than a generic shavette from ebay that looks almost identical to this.
I used it for months. For the first 2 weeks, I got slight nicks and razor burns.
After 2 months, I could reliably get smooth shaves without burns and cuts.
When I look at my smooth chin on a mirror, I feel satisfied.
After I got used to it, it shaves a little bit better than Edwin Jagger DE89BL double-edge safety razor.

I also have Parker SRX which is similar to this. I'm going to try black widow shavette again.

How do you like the SRX? Thinking of buying my first shavette and am on the fence between an equinox, SR1, and SRX.

How do you like the SRX? Thinking of buying my first shavette and am on the fence between an equinox, SR1, and SRX.

SRX is fat and doesn't expose a blade much. Thus, it creates friction between my skin and the fat body. The friction causes cuts and nicks. On the other hand, black widow shavette is relatively slim and exposes 1.5mm of a blade. It's easy to navigate without friction with black widow shavette. One disadvantage of black widow shavette is black paint which chips away easily. You might want to buy a future version of black widow shavette which doesn't have black paint.

Equinox shavette is almost as good as black widow shavette without black paint. I recommend equinox shavette.

I bought the Equinox as well to start with, dirt cheap, and came with 100 Derby Premiums. Couple nicks for the first few shaves, then all good after that. It surprised me as to how good of a shave I can get from it, but I've since switched blades to Gillette Nacets, which are a game changer for me compared to the Derby. Just ordered my first real straight, waiting eagerly, and also ordered a Gold Dollar 208 to practice honing/stropping with.

Top Bottom