What's new

Review: Merkur super double edge razor blade

I’ll revive this, because I just did a fun experiment — a “blind taste test.”

Do note that I am new to this world of shaving. My story: With COVID, I have had to come up with new ways to entertain myself, so I dedcided to start using an old GEM razor I had. I also received as a gift. Merkur DE razor (34C, since it seemed a safe place to start), that I have been using. The Merker blade that came with it was awesome.

Anyway, here is my experiment. I picked up a pack of Personna blades at Sally Beauty (the only local place that seemed to carry them). I also acquired a few Merkur blades. I did a “blind taste test.” I put both blades down, and, without looking loaded one into the razor. (I like to live dangerously, I recommend having your wife load a random blade for you.). Every single time, I could tell which blade was the Merkur. It was simply smoother, and it jabbed at me less. The Personna seemed to tug and drag more, and it jabbed me a couple times. The Merkur is way better.

Now, I am not sure I will actually buy the 100 pack of Merkur! It is better, but I am no sure it is thrice the price better.

They scrap my face and hurt. They can also tug on my beard. No issue with Parker or Feather blades. Both cut well, Parker a little smoother, and Feather a little sharper.

Top Bottom