What's new

Review: Gillette NEW Improved

Thought about replating mine but it is so expensive! Your razor appears to be in pretty good shape plating wise. My handle has some dark tiny spots around those diamond patterned shapes on the handle, which I believe are plate loss. The razor cap and base-plate are still heavily plated silver. My base-plate has very small cracks on the end where the cap contacts the baseplate, probably caused by previous over tightening of the twist knob. Mine is a 1925 vintage. I really like the solid feel of this razor, and the fine shaves I can get. It also came in the Bostonian Case which is kinda unique.
Yeah I really like mine. Have you checked out Back Road Gold? Chris is phenomenal in replating and it appears affordable although I obviously don’t know your budget. Either way plating usually doesn’t affect the shave.

Bit late to the game but I think I just bought one of the dutch e-bay. Comes with a box and bladebank.
Seller said there are blades in it from 1920 so I hope it is the old one with the wider baseplate.
Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom