What's new

REVIEW - CAR A/S Moisture Cream (Peppermint)

SPEND THE MONEY on the CAR Conditioner (as they call it now)!! It's a really tiny 2 oz jar, but this stuff is unbelievable! Spray on a hydrosol first, then put the tiniest dab (about 1/2 of a pea) in your hands, rub them, and rub it into your face.

Instant NIRVANA!!

Give in, stop worrying, and spend the money. I't like buying a 20 oz bottle of any other fine moisturizer -- only BETTER!

I agree .... the CAR peppermint conditioner is PHENOMENAL. Invest in a bottle of aeromatic tonic, too - you won't regret it. It's very refreshing - and good for your skin! There's nothing else out there like this stuff ... it's really in a class by itself.

The Lime & Green Tea conditioner is also superb. Either way, you can't go wrong.

- Dave

i'd like to try it but won't because of the cost and the fact that what I use now works well. what exactly is in it that costs so much anyways? are there any similar products out there? is it like a nivea face cream?

I'm reading all these posts and really wanting to try this CAR A/S, but just hate to spend so much $ for such a small jar. I'm using Nivea A/S now and it seems OK, but I'm wondering what the differences would be with the CAR? Advice???

Mitchell -

One small jar will last you AGES (mine was something like 15 months!). You use just a tiny amout (less than a pea) on a wet face and you're set.

I have a brand new, untouched jar of the peppermint that I'll sell ya at face value. I'll even include shipping, which I tend to think Mr. Roberts truly overcharges for...

Since you're a "local boy," I made the offer! :thumbsup:

Consider that my official "Welcome to B&B!" :biggrin:

G

Greer_M5

rtaylor61 said:
Has anyone used the unscented version? How does it compare?

Randy

I use the unscented version and it's great. The biggest challenge is not using to much product.

Greer_M5 said:
The biggest challenge is not using to much product.

Using too much is the biggest challenge with almost all shaving products, at least as far as I'm concerned, but especially with After Shave Balms. I am one of those people who always thinks that if a little is good...then more will be better! I am trying very hard to correct that line of corrupted thinking, but it's extremely difficult to change after 50+ years.

Anyway, I have had the CAR Conditioner on my "Shaving Hit List" for some time and it will probably be my next ASB "buy" due to the rave reviews it has received here. And that way I can justify buying a "Cube" as well [always been curious about trying one]. :biggrin:

Not just peppermint EO!

Surprisingly, no one has mentioned it....but this stuff definitely contains menthol....a pretty healthy serving at that. I know menthol when I smell/feel it. Quite cooling, this stuff.

Does anybody know exactly what ingredients are in this?

This is an effective balm with a wonderful cooling sensation. It tends to be greasy, however, so it suits me only in colder weather.

I'm 99.9% this product doesn't contain menthol. CAR uses only natural ingredients. I believe the ingredients are somewhere in a post in his forum.

FWIW, I have the Sandalwood flavor of this balm. It smells incredible -- Charles uses pure Mysore Sandalwood EO -- and works amazingly well. I've been using it virtually every day. Works great as a moisturizer, too! :biggrin:

Not just peppermint EO!

Surprisingly, no one has mentioned it....but this stuff definitely contains menthol....a pretty healthy serving at that. I know menthol when I smell/feel it. Quite cooling, this stuff.

Does anybody know exactly what ingredients are in this?

I'm 99.9% this product doesn't contain menthol. CAR uses only natural ingredients. I believe the ingredients are somewhere in a post in his forum.

You guys do realise that Peppermint plant is heavily composed of Menthol. The fact that chemists have long since managed to determine, isolate and chemically synthesize menthol in the lab doesn't change the fact that it is a naturally occurring component of mints, and the major part of all mint oils.

So yes, if it is indeed a true mint EO, then it will have hefty doses of Menthol. If it didn't then its not a real natural product.

Top Bottom