What's new

REVIEW - C&E Almond Oil Shaving Cream....

When my lovely lady presented me with this as a present for X-MAS, I was shocked...

This is not the same product I remembered from C&E. It "used" to come in a drab box, with a jar identical to the 3 T's... nothing special. Now it comes in a gorgeous box worthy of displaying, in a GLASS jar... REALLY has a great overall appearance.

full

full

full

full

full

The Jar the cream comes in is simply gorgeous... well as far as shaving cream jars go :wink:

full

full

full

full

Now the serious business.... with all the fancy packaging and impressive jar, can the cream itself hold it's own?

full

A long answer made short.... yes. Not only is this shaving cream AS good as ANY of the 3T's.... it might be just a nudge superior, as it tends to leave your skin softer and provides a bit mroe protection than the "traditional" english shaving creams. My only gripe - which is not so much a "gripe" is the scent. It is not an "almond" scent - it is more of a cologne/perfume/natural scent of some kind, but it certainly is not almond. With that said - it is not so much a "gripe" because I happen to REALLY enjoy this scent. As far as scents go, everyone is different, but if you bury your nose in this cream, it is not going to give you the response you'd normally associate with almond.

Rating Scale – Each Quality from 0-2 (2 being best)

Price – 1
Quality – 2
Scent – 2
Efficacy – 2
Moisturizing properties – 2

Total – 9 out of 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Joel, I also have C & E almond cream, but in the other container, the one which looks like from the 3 Ts. Gosh, I find it's as almond as you can get! My sniffer must be a little on the weird side. My wife tells me it smells sort of like lily of the valley, but I find it almond with a capital A. One thing, it's got great lather and great lubrication, and it's so good for sensitive skin. :smile:

Jeff

Thanks for the review, Joel. I have the sweet almond oil soap, and the smell and shave is wonderful. I have never tried the cream, though.

I tend to appreciate the cherry/almond smell of Taylor's/T&H, and upon sniffing the jar at the store, I was unimpressed. Yet I believe what I smelled was a natural almond 'oil' fragrance, and not the intoxicating dessert smell I was accustomed to. However I am quick to try a cream with great efficacy and moisturizing properties, as unless I hate the scent, it is secondary to effectiveness. Based on Joel's review I will eventually have to try this.

C&E creams and shave soaps are some of the best I've tried. Next time you're at a C&E store, ask for samples of each cream and aftershave.

Nice review Joel. I have the older container and enjoy it. I take it that it has only been repackaged.

Austin, my sister-in-law works at a C & E store here in Montreal, and she says that just the packaging is different. Instead of the plastic tub, it's now a glass jar. The cream itself, is just as great as before. Oh, they also have it in tubes like Sienna, Nomad, and Sandalwood do. :smile:

Jeff

Austin said:
Nice review Joel. I have the older container and enjoy it. I take it that it has only been repackaged.

The store near me has it in both the plastic container and the new glass container.

Nice review Joel. This product has been on my short list for some time. I think it just moved to the top!

Jerry

Top Bottom