What's new

review: Big Ben Super Stainless Blade

This evening i have shaved with a Big Ben Super Stainless Blade.
It alsmost felt the same as a Sharp Hi Chromium Durblade, but i have the feeling that the Sharp Hi Chromium Durablade are a little sharper.
For me Big Ben isn't sharp enough to cut my whiskers very well. I needed to use multiple strokes to remove the whiskers and that's what i don't like about it. Some people like the Big Ben's, but for me it's a no go. It's because i have thick beard hairs. I have found them on ebay, 14 usd for 100 pieces. They are cheap! Let me know what you think of them.
big ben.jpg

I had a similar experience with these blades. First shave in my DE was smooth and comfortable, but required some extra work compared to other blades. Second shave was the same but I could notice the performance was detreating. Third shave, forget about it. I had to swap the blade after the first couple of strokes. I then decided that as they are smooth and not super sharp, I would try one in a shavette. To my surprise I got ~8 shaves from one half blade. I have only just started using the other half, so I will be sure to track how many shaves I get with it. Just goes to show that blades perform differently in different razors.
P.S. I paid $14AUD for 200 hundred, so I guess they were dirt cheap compared to $15USD for 100.

I had a similar experience with these blades. First shave in my DE was smooth and comfortable, but required some extra work compared to other blades. Second shave was the same but I could notice the performance was detreating. Third shave, forget about it. I had to swap the blade after the first couple of strokes. I then decided that as they are smooth and not super sharp, I would try one in a shavette. To my surprise I got ~8 shaves from one half blade. I have only just started using the other half, so I will be sure to track how many shaves I get with it. Just goes to show that blades perform differently in different razors.
P.S. I paid $14AUD for 200 hundred, so I guess they were dirt cheap compared to $15USD for 100.
Glad they work for you. Whete did u bought them?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G531F met Tapatalk

Glad they work for you. Whete did u bought them?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G531F met Tapatalk
I got them from Beard & Blade, an online retailer here in Australia. They have since raised the price to $12AUD for 100. In fact all of their blades have had considerable price rises in the last 6-8 months, so I no longer look to them for blades. You can get better prices elsewhere.

I tested the Big Ben blades last night and I felt like I was being slaughtered alive. The blades are definitely not very sharp. I would not recommend anyone with a mans beard taking these blades to your face. The Shark Blades which are also produced by Lords in Egypt give a very nice shave, although they only last one shave on my beard. Out of the 10 blades tested this month, Big Ben sits at the back (#10).

I tested the Big Ben blades last night and I felt like I was being slaughtered alive. The blades are definitely not very sharp. I would not recommend anyone with a mans beard taking these blades to your face. The Shark Blades which are also produced by Lords in Egypt give a very nice shave, although they only last one shave on my beard. Out of the 10 blades tested this month, Big Ben sits at the back (#10).
Which Shark blade? The Great White Shark SS is always a DFS while the Hammerhead Shark SC is terrible for me as in lots of irritation.

I haven't tried the Shark SC, but the SS one is nice for one shave, second shave doesn't work and causes irritation and lots of pulling! I wont buy it again, but was nice trying it!

Top Bottom