What's new

Review: Baxter's Bergamot-Pear Invigorating Body Wash

I got a bottle of this stuff at the same time I bought the shampoo/conditioner and the facial cleanser. This is the first liquid body wash I have ever used, as I was brought up as a bar soap guy.

This has to be one of the best smelling products for men out there - really fresh and nice. I have tried it just lathering up in my hands, and with a washcloth. Both cases produce nice thick lather. I also find this very moisturizing; my skin tends to be very dry, and it makes a noticeable difference. I highly recommend this product.

On a side note, is there something besides personal preference involved in the difference between bar soaps and liquid washes? I am tempted to try out the E-D-A bars next time, as that format is what I am used to.

The bars are very nice and have a great scent and lather very well........There a tad to drying for my face but did not dry out the rest of my body. Did it take a ton of the liqued to make lather in a wash cloth?

gage0921 said:
The bars are very nice and have a great scent and lather very well........There a tad to drying for my face but did not dry out the rest of my body. Did it take a ton of the liqued to make lather in a wash cloth?

I have hard water, so it can be a challenge to get super-thick lather. I need to use somewhere between a quarter and 50 cent piece dollop. I use the Baxter's face wash also - decent product, though I would like some foaming action.

Scotto, the Baxter wash is one of the best available in the market. Much better than Molton Brown which costs twice as much. Baxter has come out with a new Lime wash that is on my list to purchase.

The Baxter soap bars do not last very long. At least for me.

Baxter wash is fantastic!

It takes a little time for the lather to start building, but when it starts up, it builds pretty rapidly.

I've tried the Italian Lime Pomegranate one as well. Great stuff too. I've decided to randomly rotate between them and always have both.

Scotto said:
I have hard water, so it can be a challenge to get super-thick lather. I need to use somewhere between a quarter and 50 cent piece dollop. I use the Baxter's face wash also - decent product, though I would like some foaming action.

I have hard water as well......Yeah the face wash could use some foam but I was refering to the bar as a face wash...works preety well.

I recently purchased both of the Baxter wash from Charles at QED. While the smell is ok I am not very impressed. I think the body wash is overrated. Also purchased the bars and watched them desinigrate in less than a week.

Clark

Clark said:
I recently purchased both of the Baxter wash from Charles at QED. While the smell is ok I am not very impressed. I think the body wash is overrated. Also purchased the bars and watched them desinigrate in less than a week.

Clark
Clark, could you clarify what you didn't like about the wash? I have never used the bars, but the wash satisfies my criteria of a good lathering, non-drying product at a reasonable price (and a good smell)

Scotto,

I felt the lather was so so, I had to use more product to get a lather up. The smell is ok but not great in my opinion. Also, I read the back panel and there are more chemicals in this wash than I figured. The price was ok, but I think there are other products out there that are better. Just my opinion!

Clark,

Thanks for the clarification. If you come upon something better, be sure to post it here!

Top Bottom