What's new

Review - AOS Lemon *PICS*

P1010075.JPG

Gents,
This is the first tube of AOS I have had the pleasure of trying - and I must say, I was quite surprised. The first thing I noticed was the lid/tub. It is the best built tub of any high end shaving cream I have used - as unlike the 3 T's, and others, it has a very positive opening/closing action, and a great feel/look.

P1010076.JPG

When you twist off the lid of the jar, you are immediatly greeted with a "lemon merengue" like scent of delicious lemon. The cream seems to be "airy" similar to salters cream - it certainly is not as dense as Taylor, Trumper, or Truefitt & Hill.

Pics AOS Lemon being lathered with a Shavemac XXL Silvertip...

P1010077.JPG

P1010078.JPG

5 Swirls in the bowl....
P1010079.JPG

15 swirls.....
P1010080.JPG

25 swirls.....
P1010081.JPG

As you can see - this huge brush is LOADED full of lather.

I was quite impressed with this shaving cream, and I felt it was every bit as good as salter, trumpers, and T&H, but felt taylors is a bit more lubricic. I would HIGHLY recommend the lemon scent, especially if you like Salter Citrius, as it is quite similar to salter citrius.

Numbers...
Scent 10
Lubrication 8.5
Packaging 10
Ease of use 9
Shave Quality 9
Comfort 9

Overall an impressive 9.25 - MIGHTY impressive stuff.

I had this shave cream. I agree with your review. I really like T&H better. Scent wise anyway. I found the scent pleasant but the scent didn't do it for me.

Austin,
Have you tried Sandalwood? I am told it has an incredible scent to it! Might have to be my next acquisition....

I have the Sandalwood. I actually like it better than Trumpers. Your review of Lemon also applies to the Sandalwood. The other Sandalwood that does not get much mention but is also excellant is C&E. I think Ron uses it.

Guys, I shave sometimes with AOS lavender which I recieved as a gift from my secretary. I haven't yet tried the lemon or sandalwood from AOS, but I enjoy the lavender very much. It lathers nicely, and it really does seem to soothe and help sensitive skin during and after a shave.

Jeff

The other Sandalwood that does not get much mention but is also excellant is C&E. I think Ron uses it.

Andrew,

Didn't you know that Ron CREATED shaving cream (this was before Al Gore invented the internet)! And SOAPS as well! If it's made, he has it, and all of the other same scent items.

Randy

joel said:
Austin,
Have you tried Sandalwood? I am told it has an incredible scent to it! Might have to be my next acquisition....
Joel,
I have the entire AOS sandalwood line. Not crazy about any of it. This is the first sandalwood product that I didn't care for. The fragrance is very lacking compared to C&E or QED.

rtaylor61 said:
Andrew,

Didn't you know that Ron CREATED shaving cream (this was before Al Gore invented the internet)! And SOAPS as well! If it's made, he has it, and all of the other same scent items.

Randy
Rather cheeky lad...

Andrew,
I have used C&E sandalwood cream in the tube almost exclusively for travel. I also have the soap, but have that sitting in reserve until I finish my QED jar. It really is one of my favorites. Both the QED and C&E have the distinction of being single note sandalwood products and I really enjoy both of them, especially when I layer them.

Top Bottom