What's new

Review: 1st Lather Dirty Bastard Soap Co. Freedom Shave Soap

1st-Lather-Dirty-Bastard-Soap-Co-Freedom.jpg

Dirty Bastard Soap Co. Freedom Shave Soap
{From their website}Ingredients: Saponified Stearic Acid, Aqua (water), Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Saponified Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Saponified (Cottonseed) Oil, Glycerin, Fragrance (Essential Oils and/or Fragrance) unless Unscented

This is Dirty Bastard Soap Co.'s unscented formulation. Nice presentation in metal tin, with water proof labels, filled to the rim with 4 oz. (also available in 2 oz.) of soap. The soap is really unscented. If anything just a slight soap smell. It is a very soft soap, definitely what I would call a croap almost a cream, loading is breeze with a damp brush. The Simpson Commodore X3 had no problem whipping up a nice lather in the scuttle. The lather is thick and has a good slickness and cushion/glide. No stability problems! Residual slickness is good, almost great. Post shave feel was good, not drying at all. Overall I'd put this soap on par with Stirling and Soap Commander.

Sounds like a good soap. However, I will pass on it, simply because of the name. They are marketing to a segment of the population that doesn't have an issue with it, and I understand that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good soap. However, I will pass on it, simply because of the name. They are marketing to a segment of the population that doesn't have an issue with it, and I understand that.

I was about to write "who in his right mind would call a soap like that" and most importantly "why?". :shocked:

Thanks for sharing! The lather looks pretty good. Something about that tin, label, and marketing makes me think this could somehow be related to the BEER shaving soap brand. Thought I would hate it but ended up with a tin and it's a pretty good performer.

Same here. Some of these soap names go a little too far, IMHO. YMMV.

I mean what's next? Shaving soap with the F word in the title? I hate to sound so prude but when I see kids these days in the mall walking around with the F word on their shirts or hats I feel like saying who raised you? I would never let my kid walk out of the house wearing a shirt like that.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I tend to agree - not that a little profanity in spoken language once in a while is necessarily a bad thing, it's like pepper. A little adds emphasis, a lot is in bad taste, as are commercial products (including movies) emphasizing profanity or coarse language. Just the way I was raised, though I am an ex-nuke and got exposed to it on a daily basis!

Anyone remember the scene with Ralphie getting his mouth washed out with soap on "A Christmas Story'?

Cheers, Steve

Granted they are not going to win any PC awards with that company name. However I did find it to be a good performing soap. So if you are not put off by the name, it's worth a sample tin, IMHO.

+3! Also my thoughts! This would simply not pass muster with LOTH here! YMMV for sure.

Top Bottom