What's new

Revamp @razoremporium

Despite several warnings to stay away from RE I contacted them to buy a refurbished Gillette slim got a very unfriendly mail 2 weeks later saying it will cost me +$300 deleted the mail and unfollowed them.. pure robbery if you ask me

Despite several warnings to stay away from RE I contacted them to buy a refurbished Gillette slim got a very unfriendly mail 2 weeks later saying it will cost me +$300 deleted the mail and unfollowed them.. pure robbery if you ask me

It's incredible that after all these years and lots and lots of "mixed" reviews, the owner still operates under the same formula. He clearly doesn't care. I bought one of his replated Old Type heads and when I got it found that two of the corners of the top cap were dented which meant it didn't hold the blade in place properly. The result was some extremely uncomfortable and bloody shaves. When I examined the top cap the dents were obvious. After some prodding he took it back and refunded my purchase price plus return shipping. But how do you care so little about your finished product that you don't inspect the vintage pieces before you spend the time and money to replate them? So, he suffers from poor quality control as well as a bad attitude. That's a sure fire recipe for going out of business. Normally I am pretty careful about who I buy from off of ebay and etsy. But I wish I had googled them before placing the order. I would have saved myself a lot of hassle.

So funny about the timing of things. Razor Emporium (Matt?) just posted this to a thread on another forum.

42 minutes ago

Merchant

I am sorry to hear about this issue. I've always taken the position that it's far easier to make a customer happy with a replacement or rework or whatever than let them be upset. They will spread the negative word much farther than if you just take care of them.

If it has my name on it (razor emporium or rex) I stand behind it. Period.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

And look at that. He responded.

"Thanks for bringing that up. We just mailed the silver plated single ring razor out this week. Let's see if the author of the thread updates everyone. Covid has certainly impacted our service workshop this year.

Matt"

I responded back asking him if he ever bothered to communicate with the OP.

And yet another response. We seem to have his attention.

“I have records of 8 order updates to his account from us and 2 emails. He was kept in the loop 100%. Some people like to paint a bad image just to hurt a vendor because it makes them feel good.

I wouldn't be in business for 15 years doing this (now with 7 employees and a warehouse I own) if I screwed people over left and right.

There are always areas to improve upon as with any company. But we will never stop nor give into the haters or naysayers.

Matt”

I will add that, back when I was getting some razors replated, I looked At Razor Emporium's BBB rating. There were numerous complaints registered. For some reason, they are now rated at A+ by the BBB. I'm not clear why the change, as I continue to see the same types of complaints posted.

I am not sure if I could take the chance IMHO considering if its for the plating. If its just for inventory purchase - np - would take the risk. If the bad reviews seem some what consistent among unrelated parties - that gives me hesitation. And add to it if its a reliable forum member.

Bought some small dollar items from RE - never had issue with them. Looking around to find someone doing best quality replating, I did business with Chris at Backroads Gold. First rate work, quick turnaround time, fair price and good communication, and many good reviews from B&B members.

“I have records of 8 order updates to his account from us and 2 emails. He was kept in the loop 100%. Some people like to paint a bad image just to hurt a vendor because it makes them feel good.

I wouldn't be in business for 15 years doing this (now with 7 employees and a warehouse I own) if I screwed people over left and right.

There are always areas to improve upon as with any company. But we will never stop nor give into the haters or naysayers.

Matt”
Woah woah woah. Did he tell you about his dealings with another customer?

Matt”
I did four or five transactions with Matt and never had the slightest problem. There are always opportunities to improve one's processes and also have a better inspection system in place. Don't know much about the plating business but I feel the major inspection emphasis should be before plating is performed.

Top Bottom