What's new

Reuzel and reuzel wood & spice

Does anyone have these splashes?
Are they any good? The regular one sounds like it smell like aqua Di gio, maybe a bit in the direction of SV 70th?

Does the wood&spice smell very clovey?

Thanks?

I'm not sure if it's that well known outside Benelux, so paging my favourite Dutchie @Guido75.

If anyone else has a take on them please let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks Shaun! These are well known outside the Benelux as they are actually produced in the US under the Schorem brand / holding. A lot of barbers worldwide use Reuzel hair products.

I have not tried them myself actually as wood and spice are not my personal cup of tea, but I know that @elmo_koffman uses Reuzel splash, might even be the wood and slice version.
Cheers,

Guido

I have only regular Reuzel aftershave (this one: Aftershave - https://www.reuzel.com/products/after-shave). It's my favourite barbershop scent that I would describe as 'modern barbershop' as an opposite to for example Floid The Genuine that to me is 'classic/old school barbershop'. I enjoy both of them by the way. I'm aware that it doesn't narrow the scent description much, as 'barbershop' is a wide group of scents.
The splash has some skin food in it, so it also feels good on a face besides smelling great. Here's the list of ingredients:
Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Bis-PEG-18 methyl Ester Dimethyl Silane, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail Root) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Benzophenone-4, PEG-7 Amodimethicone, Trideceth-10, Linalool, PEG-45M, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylproponal, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Dimethicone, Eugenol, Citral, Orange 4 CI 15510

I've never tried Aqua di Gio, so I cannot compare Reuzel to it. Maybe it's a little bit like SV 70th, but they are different scents to me with some similarities. I could describe both as fresh cologny scents, but I prefer Reuzel.
I've never tried Wood & Spice.

Hope it helps 🙂

It's my favorite aftershave fragrance! Reuzel wood and spice! Have 4 bottles in reserve. Smells similar to perfume "Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb". The Reuzel have there own parfum but I don't think that match so good. Spicebomb is better match my opinion only. Not "bite" so much like other alcohol aftershave but it's my personal preference.
IMG_20230106_124425__01__01.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, thats the kind of enabling I'm looking for.

Soooo, regular is a more modern - hopefully less powdery and more citrus orientated Clubman Pinaud/Floid?

Do you wood & spice owners happen to have proraso wood & spice to compare?
I actually LOVE the proraso version but I think I would like it to have more "zing", a bit of freshness. Maybe some more ginger, juniper and citrus rather than cumin.

Thanks guys, thats the kind of enabling I'm looking for.

Soooo, regular is a more modern - hopefully less powdery and more citrus orientated Clubman Pinaud/Floid?

Do you wood & spice owners happen to have proraso wood & spice to compare?
I actually LOVE the proraso version but I think I would like it to have more "zing", a bit of freshness. Maybe some more ginger, juniper and citrus rather than cumin.
Definitely more fresh and sweet spicy then Proraso red is more woody. Have both and they are very different.
IMG_20230106_153203__01.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Can't tell if this is a joke and a reference to Reuzel...or if it really does smell like lard I'm glad I haven't bought any 😅
Cal's description of Reuzel is accurate. Reuzel means lard in Dutch. It's like the best scent ever, you only need a little bit, and it moisturizes brilliantly. My nickname for it is varken reuzel apples...pig lard apples. I love it!

Top Bottom