What's new

Returning

i originally became part of Badger And Blade when I worked at the local prision. I was a maximum security officer for 3 1/2 years. What an experience in life that was and do not recommend it as a career choice for anyone. I do on the other hand recommended it as a stepping stone in life to show people how to respect others and to realize that hidden lifestyle others have to face on both sides of the "Blue Line". Unfortunately, it caused me to have a heart condition. The amount of stress I endured almost caused me to have a stroke at the age of 30. I was told to quit by my doctor and since then have been doing Pest Control. It is a rough world people, and being naive to what really happens around you is extremely dangerous. But doing Pest Control ain't exactly any safer when you treat Government Housing. Back to my post. I joined B&B for several reasons. I needed direction, information, supplies, and something to spend most of my time on at work because everything else was blocked on a government server. I found this website because my first double edge razor was the Micro Touch One. I settled with an 89 Gillette Black Beauty, bought numerous 70's Gillette Adjustables, a few travels, about somewhere close to 20 Straights such as Puma and Case Gold Nuggets, and Multiple Feather SS. I learned about Whipped Dog brushes and bought a large supply of 22mm and 24mm brushes. I have settled on Local Gent soaps after going through a unhealthy phase experimenting with soap makers and Vanderhagen. I have a very large collection of Poraso and Doc Jon to help with season changes. I tried the Dollar Shave Club and only enjoyed the Doctor Carvers Shave Butter. I want to say thanks to all, for the endless amount of information.

Welcome back. You gotta do what is best for your health. I have a lot of respect for prison guards. I have been told that in reality they are prisoners too. Just they get to go home at end of each shift. Hopefully. Glad to see you found a way to occupy some time and learn along the way. Best of luck with the shaves!

Welcome Home, @Jonesc.
Sounds like you've already worked thorough (or deeply into) all possible Acquisition Disorders in almost records time....
Glad to hear you got out early for "good behavior" and have found a new path which, hopefully, will lead you to a better path.

Stress level has decrease tremendously, Lost 20lbs, no longer taking blood pressure Meds, but learned a have developed PTSD. Actually, I have learned a lot about pests such as roaches and bedbugs. It is comforting to have knowledge. I'd like to learn HVAC, Welding, and brain surgery. YouTube should have "how to" on that, right?

Stress level has decrease tremendously, Lost 20lbs, no longer taking blood pressure Meds, but learned a have developed PTSD. Actually, I have learned a lot about pests such as roaches and bedbugs. It is comforting to have knowledge. I'd like to learn HVAC, Welding, and brain surgery. YouTube should have "how to" on that, right?

From a LEO chaplain, thank you for serving your community and state.
Good to hear you are taking a healthy and proactive approach to your new direction in life....well except for the brain surgery idea. :tongue_sm

Comforting to hear from a former brother. With what seems as "tables turning" on the boys in blue.

Welcome back, glad you decided to rejoin the forum! I have had no comparable life experiences to yours, but it sounds like you are on a new path to a healthier and happier life. Congrats, and best of luck to you! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom