What's new

Returning A Badger Brush

Are brushes returnable? My badger says that if you are not pleased with its performance then you could return it. I don't really like the brush I bought. Its by some unknown brand "Autruche" and it doesn't build a good lather and not very soft. I paid $50 CDN for it. You can't return a toothbrush after using it, so would you be able to return a badger brush?

Where did you get it? What type of brush is it? Are there any problems with it other than not liking it? If it turns out that you can't return it you may be able to trade it here for something else so it may not be a total loss.

NMMB said:
Where did you get it? What type of brush is it? Are there any problems with it other than not liking it? If it turns out that you can't return it you may be able to trade it here for something else so it may not be a total loss.

I got it from Personal Edge. Its a pure badger brush.

Also, I just found out there's a crabtree and evelyn store by my house and wanted to get their best badger brush, which a lot of ppl on here recommend.

Can anyone give me a good excuse for returning the product so I could get my money back.

If you want to return it because you just made a mistake and want to order something different, I don't think that's legitamate. If there's something actually wrong with it, then that's OK to return. If you really don't want it, just sell it on the forum.

If the guarantee is "if you are not totaly satisfied with this product, return for a refund" then I think it's legitimate to return it.

I am an avid non-returner of items; If I have something because I made a mistake (picked up the wrong item, etc) then I keep it as a reminder to myself to pay more attention when I shop. If there is something wrong with an item then I may return it (but only then if I feel that it is worth my time and energy). However, I have worked retail sales and most people working retail sales (especially in a shop where they are paid minimum wage) will give you a return because it is easier than otherwise dealing with you, unless, of course, they are having a bad day and are looking for a fight or they find you to be intollerable (somedays some people just rub you the wrong way). While I wouldn't ever do so, you can certainly try to return it and in my experience there is a fair-good change that you will be able to do so.

NMMB said:
I am an avid non-returner of items; If I have something because I made a mistake (picked up the wrong item, etc) then I keep it as a reminder to myself to pay more attention when I shop.

Geez, everytime I see a post from you I feel like you may be my long lost twin brother or something.

I, too, tend not to return items, unless there is something drastically wrong with it. If an item happens to be less effective than I was told it would be, I may write the retailer/manufacturer to let them know, and I may not purchase any more products from that place.

Likewise, it it was my error, I swallow it. Mea Culpa, then I earned it.

If I purchase something and it's the wrong item, or it's broken, and is an absolute failure that had nothing to do with me, that's when I will return something.

If I can find someone who wants something that I purchased that I do not want, I will let them know what my issue with it is, and send it to a new home. I sometimes donate that item to a charitable org that has a thrift shop or some such thing.

Still, we're all different, and I know people who will return things that the bought in person because they get it home and it's the wrong colour. I can't say I agree with this, but that's just me.

Maybe I'm not normal, or maybe my ethics are to skewed. I can't explain.

Peace,

Pierre

Jimmy025 said:
My badger says that if you are not pleased with its performance then you could return it
If this is in fact the return policy, then I don't see anything wrong with returning the brush because you don't like the way t performs. Seems fair to me. All you owe the seller is some honesty about why you are returning the brush, so they can lean from your dissatisfaction. If they don't want returns over performance issues, or personal taste issues, the retailer should change their policy.

vox_rox said:
Still, we're all different, and I know people who will return things that the bought in person because they get it home and it's the wrong colour. I can't say I agree with this, but that's just me.

So I bought a shirt the other day, and when I got home I realized it was of the "fitted" variety. Would you eat that purchase or return it. I returned it, I cut corners as much as possible, maybe I'm just cheap.

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with returning it. If you have to lie about why you are returning, that would be different. I find that many, if not most, retail sellers (especially of clothes) have a policy of accepting returns within a limited time on an item simply because you decide you don't like it or have buyer's remorse, or whatever. I have salespeople tell me all the time, when I am unsure about something, "if you change your mind, you can always return it."

If a seller has a policy of accepting returns, to me returning something is not even remotely gray area of ethics. It's not gaming the system. It's just returning something, because you changed your mind, and the seller is willing to accept that. It is not remotely unfair or taking advantage of the seller if that is their policy. Generally the price we pay incorporates the risk that we may not like it and decide to return.

Shane

Call and tell them why you're not happy. They may issue credit and if they treat you well, you know exactly who you would buy from and who you would recommend in the future.

MJB

I don't understand why you wouldn't return the item. If you return it in the same shape as when it was purchased, then who is at a loss here?

They will have their brush back and you will have your $ back. If they need to charge a small restocking fee to cover their labor charges, so be it.

Jimmy025 said:
Are brushes returnable? My badger says that if you are not pleased with its performance then you could return it. I don't really like the brush I bought. Its by some unknown brand "Autruche" and it doesn't build a good lather and not very soft. I paid $50 CDN for it. You can't return a toothbrush after using it, so would you be able to return a badger brush?

Mitch, it sounds to me as though the brush has been used and hence it could not be restocked and resold (at least IMO it shouldn't be resold).

letterk said:
If you want to return it because you just made a mistake and want to order something different, I don't think that's legitamate. If there's something actually wrong with it, then that's OK to return. If you really don't want it, just sell it on the forum.

I wholeheartily agree with this. The brush wasn't very expensive in the first place, if you want another just buy one.

NMMB said:
Mitch, it sounds to me as though the brush has been used and hence it could not be restocked and resold (at least IMO it shouldn't be resold).

Of course you are right--if its been used, that's a different story. The sell it in the forum.

Top Bottom